Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting This Back On The Road

#1 User is offline   LordReith 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:31 PM

Hi all,

My 1.7 2001 Puma has been sat in a garage for at least a year and no longer has an MOT.

I'd like to get it running regularly again. A new battery has resolved ABS warnings. It is though slowly leaking oil and coolant from somewhere.

Underneath also noticed some loose metal sheeting over the exhaust. Some sort of heat shielding?

So my question is, any forum members around SW London/Surrey/Croydon area that could recommend a garage/mechanic or even their own skills and thoughts?

My link

This post has been edited by LordReith: 14 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

Hi. The exhaust does have heat shielding sections that run between the exhaust and the under body, the pieces are held in place by little clips. I hope you can find the help to get your Puma running sweet.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   LordReith 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

happy-kat, on 14 October 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Hi. The exhaust does have heat shielding sections that run between the exhaust and the under body, the pieces are held in place by little clips. I hope you can find the help to get your Puma running sweet.

Ah yes. One has fell off from either worn clips or corrosion and is sat on top of the exhaust.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic