Pumapeople: Help! Wiring Pins On Original Stereo Loom - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help! Wiring Pins On Original Stereo Loom for OEM 6000CD head unit

#1 User is offline   tomsilverlux 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I want to keep my puma as original as I can, so want to leave the original silver head unit in it.

I've got a basic Bluetooth handsfree kit (the SonyEricsson HCB-300) to put in it. It's an old model, but I've put it on loads of cars as you can get cheap brand new boxed stock for about £20 off eBay and it works really well.

I want to ask if anyone has a diagram of exactly what the pins on the back of the radio do. The middle (smaller plug) one has wires from a remote stalk on models that have them fitted, but there are other wires in there which, according to FordWiki are for 'telematics'

(Shown Here)

On newer models with the bigger head unit with the large volume knob in the middle, there are two pins you can connect the speaker cable from the Bluetooth kit into, and the head unit will route the audio through the cars front speakers when the phone mute pin is connected. It works perfectly, and I just wondered if it could be done on an older model.

That guide on fordWiki reckons there are six pins dedicated to telematics, but it doesn't way which is which.

Does anyone know?

#2 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sorry, dissregard. I missred the part whit the remote :)

I'm. Not realy shure, I can't recal any model whit phone conectivety, but I do seem to recal there is a phone mute function in one of the plugs. But I cant find it at the moment :/

This post has been edited by CartMan: 07 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#3 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

On 1999 and onwards Pumas there was a mobile telephone option which mostly spliced into the original wiring loom via an adapter for power and additionally used the small 6-pin connector between the two larger connectors on the back of the head unit most certainly for the mute function. Only one pin of that was used, number 4. Note that the mobile telephone module used a dedicated speaker but you should be able to splice into the original speaker loom and use pins 1+2 (WH/BK + YE/BK) for LH front or 5+6 (WH/RD + YE/RD) for RH front.
Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic