• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Name That Pipe Fuel Line

#1 User is offline   C J 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

Turns out I've got a minor fuel leak;
Posted Image
I'm struggling to work out what the pipe is called or find a part number is. Specifically it's the white clip which is not connecting properly (the red one appears to be okay). I've done a temp fix using some silicone tape, but I want it right so I need some help on the following. For the same reason, I don't want to cut it and use Jubilee clips to attach a new clip to an old hose. Can anyone help;
1. What part is it?2. Do you know a part number?3. Any idea how much they cost?4. Are they an easy fix or do I need to have a trained mechanic do the work?
(nb this is a pic I've found online, not my engine but I assume it's exactly the same between a standard 1.7 and an FRP 1.7)
Thanks,
CJ

This post has been edited by C J: 10 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Posted Image
FRP#222/500Formerly FRP#296/500 (Manifold 154)

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

I find my local Ford parts counter are great and taking a print of a picture with me always leads to the part I need.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   dai090 

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

white clip pipe is the feed pipe. you don't want to be temp fixing it with jubilee clips.i don't know the part number of it. It runs from the fuel filter to the injection rail.

remove/install instructions can be found here.

http://workshop-manu..._manifold_line/

#4 User is offline   C J 

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

I managed to cure the white Pipe leak with a hydraulic oil push fit union, but have discovered another loose pipe nearby after still detecting a whiff of fuel today;
Posted ImagePosted Image
The black pipe will push back in place but it's still a concern the smell of fuel is there.
Can anyone advise what this part is?
Thanks,
CJ
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   dai090 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

I do believe that the black pipe on the fuel pressure regulator is a vacuum pipe.

#6 User is offline   C J 

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

I've done all that and there still appears to be a leak, which has drawn me to the conclusion the Pressure regulator is causing the leak. When I bought the car, I was given a spare 300kPa fuel pressure regulator at the same time, however the one on the car is a 350kPa - Will a 3.0 bar regulator be suitable or should I source a 3.5 bar replacement? When I look at online sellers they are selling 400kPa (4 bar). Which is the correct one, or will it even make any difference?

Posted Image

Thanks

CJ

This post has been edited by C J: 17 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic