Pumapeople: What Tyre pressure is best for 17" - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Tyre pressure is best for 17"

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:36 PM

I've got 17" with profiles of 205/40/17 and not sure what the pressure should be, and if anyone knows is the pressure measured cold or warm.

also a quicky, the hego sensor on a 98 Puma. is it viewable from the top just ontop of the manifold or is it further down the exhaust system.

If only Haynes had brought out a bloody manual for this car!

#2 User is offline   sky 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:18 PM

I've got 17" with profiles of 205/40/17 and not sure what the pressure should be, and if anyone knows is the pressure measured cold or warm.
Run them at 29PSI all round, you won't go far wrong smile.gif

also a quicky, the hego sensor on a 98 Puma. is it viewable from the top just ontop of the manifold or is it further down the exhaust system.

If only Haynes had brought out a bloody manual for this car!

I'm reliably informed by the sarcastic side of me that it simply has to be somewhere lower down where it's most likely to get damaged... Why :?: I've had FOUR go down on my on the same car :!: Touch wood the one on the car now has been working like a gem...

Famous last words 10.gif
Jason Aspinall, Original site creator, since '98
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
http://www.chilled35.com
Mmm, clicky :)

#3 User is offline   NTN 

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:59 PM

Run them at 29PSI all round, you won't go far wrong smile.gif

I got the same wheels, wrote the same question, someone said 30 PSI. But i noticed that those tyres (not mark, size) are a little bit heat sensitive. When i warmed them they gone from about 28 PSI to 33 PSI. I suggest some sort of thermal stable gas for inflation...
[ntn]

...without my cat temporary...

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:30 PM

http://www.pumapeople.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=376
Hego location on the FRP.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:00 PM

Cheers guys

#6 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 15 October 2003 - 10:04 PM

[quote="NTN"][quote="Sky"][quote]I I suggest some sort of thermal stable gas for inflation...[/quote]

thermal stable gas for inflation ja_stupid.gif

whats that all about ja_stupid.gif

29 all round is the norm.....(definatly from cold)....go 30 on the front if you want a little extra cornering ability, but i stick to 29 personally, ....don't want to make the ride any harder than it already is!.. mad.gif

#7 User is offline   saferider 

Posted 15 October 2003 - 10:56 PM

Think the closest you'll get is nitrogen which is what is used for aircraft tyres, i think they use that cos its more stable heat wise eg contraction rates. Sould be an aircraft techie ( :help: ) here somewhere who'll shoot me down in flames about the reason why its used

#8 User is offline   NTN 

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:10 AM

[quote="eldoodarin2002"][quote="NTN"][quote][quote]I I suggest some sort of thermal stable gas for inflation...[/quote]

thermal stable gas for inflation ja_stupid.gif

whats that all about ja_stupid.gif

29 all round is the norm.....(definatly from cold)....go 30 on the front if you want a little extra cornering ability, but i stick to 29 personally, ....don't want to make the ride any harder than it already is!.. mad.gif

453[/quote]

Gotta change tyres for winter soon, have to ask my mechanics for such a gas. Just heard of it (a lot of thinks), but never sah one...
[ntn]

...without my cat temporary...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic