Pumapeople: Engine Squeaking - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Engine Squeaking

#1 User is offline   NeilSh2003 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

Am quite worried having read the previous post about clunking. My Puma has been making a squeaking sound for the last couple of days.

It sounded at first like maybe the timing/cam belt was loose (got this changed 1 month ago). I've inspected this pretty closely and am almost certain that it is running smoothly, now think it might be the cams themselves. The noise is bearly auidable from the engine bay and the oil level seems fine to me.

Any ideas as I'm confused and pretty worried about driving it!

ja_stupid.gif

Thank you

#2 User is offline   Mikey B 

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

It won't be the timing belt - that can't slip or get loose, else it would totally screw the engine. Much more likely to be the auxillary drive belt (fan belt), might be stretched. I'd expect it to be quite audible though ja_stupid.gif
"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Faithless

#3 User is offline   paulotway 

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

squeeking is very different to clunking most proberly the timing belt.. although i did have a funny noise from the cambelt.
Powerspeed Turbo conversion, 325mm+AP 4pots brakes, rear disc's, Radtec intercooler, uprated clutch, magnex exhaust, k&n induction kit, spax shocks kit lowered 35mm, 17" alloys. 182bhp 182lbs of torque **Sold** :( owner of Audi S3 now

#4 User is offline   NeilSh2003 

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for your advice. Got it looked at properly today and the problem has been resolved. The heat shield on the exhaust manifold (think that is right) had come loose. Therefore causing a vibration everytime the engine was switched on.

Only cost Å“26 to fix. Pheww!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic