Pumapeople: Puma Drivers Door Electrical Fault - Earth? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma Drivers Door Electrical Fault - Earth?

#1 User is offline   Orenthal 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hello,

Last night I had an electrical problem with my Puma which happened randomly - Yesterday all of the electrics on the car were working normally, no issues at all, I got in the car, put both electric windows down and then drove a short journey home. When getting home, nearly all of the electrics relating to the drivers door were dead and no longer working.. including:

Electric Windows (both sides)
Electric Mirrors
Remote Central Locking
Dash light for 'Door Open' comes on when you press the electric windows switch (with drivers door shut)
Dim interior light comes on when electric windows switch pressed (presumably because of the Door Open issue'

We have managed to strip the drivers door and use a 12v battery to power the window motor directly and that bought the windows back up but the switch inside is still dead, remote central locking still dead and the open door light is still on the dash when electric windows switch is pressed..

Is this an earth issue? and where would the drivers door electrics be earthed? Is there an earth point near there which controls these electrics?

Thanks in advance from a very confused Puma owner

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic