• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Magnificent Motors @ Eastbourne Seafront Saturday 2nd + Sunday 3rd May 2009

#1 User is offline   R5CPD 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Venue: Western Lawns and Wish Tower Slopes @ Eastbourne Seafront, East Sussex.

Meeting Point: Halfords / B+Q Superstore, Marshall Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6QJ

Map Link: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=BN23+6QJ&...328:17|marshall

Event Website:

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/eastbourne/to...ificent-motors/

http://www.magnificentmotors.co.uk/

Date: Saturday 2nd + Sunday 3rd May 2009

Meet Time (Leaving Time): 0930am

Event Organiser: Chris Downes

Contact Details:

Phone: 07719748863

E-mail: R5CPD@aol.com

Where to Stay:

http://www.visiteastbourne.com/accommodation.asp

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_boo...hp?hotel_id=337

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInforma...o?hotelId=24082

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInforma...o?hotelId=25112

Provisional Attendance List:

* DR = Details Received.

R5CPD - Puma Thunder - DR
Vaspetrol - FRP - DR
DJdi - Puma - DR
justinspuma - FRP - DR
jdcreative - Puma - DR
Pink Milly - Puma Millenium- DR

Introduction.

Join in with Pumapeople's first display at the largest free annual classic motoring festival in the South East, Magnificent Motors! biggrin.gif

Over 500 classic and vintage cars of all ages are displayed alongside the beach on Eastbourne's elegant promenade. Last year saw over 30,000 visitors from across Europe enjoy the vehicle displays, large French Market, Funfair, Beer Tent, Live Music, and displays of Motocycles, Buses, Military Vehicles, and Traction Engines. smile.gif

The event is organised by Eastbourne Borough Council, in partnership with Eastbourne Historic Vehicle Club, East Sussex Omnibus Society plus a variety of other historic transport groups. wink.gif

What's On?

The event takes place on Saturday and Sunday. The event starts at 10am with a parade of the vehicles taking part in the event, along the entire length of the seafront to celebrate the automotives of yesteryear. (1997 in our case!) smile.gif

Once at the show area, we can form our Puma display. Our display will be similar to that we have had previously at Ford Fair, Castle Combe, etc. The event runs through to 5pm each day (though people seem to leave earlier on the Sunday).

You are welcome to stay with your Puma, or explore the seafront area which includes the Victorian Pier and Bandstand, the Carpet Gardens, and Napoleonic Wish Tower. smile.gif Alternatively, you can walk a short distance into the town centre and visit the many shops and Arndale Shopping Centre. smile.gif You can even swim in the Sea if it's warm enough!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

For those wishing to show their Puma's on both days, then we can meet up on Saturday night for a meal, and head out to one of Eastbourne's popular clubs, bars or restaurants! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

How to Join?

I have initially expressed out group's interest in displaying at this event to the organisers and am awaiting their confirmation. If you would like to join in with this weekend of seaside fun, then please post up and I can include you in our plans biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

Looks fantastic Chris, shame I;m already committed that weekend! sad.gif

#3 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

If I'm not at work IM THERE!! In fact may even do a sicky!!

cool.gif cool.gif
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#4 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Date in the diary looks clear cool.gif

#5 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Excellent. biggrin.gif I've received an email back from Jayne Howard at Eastbourne Borough Council today, and they are very keen to have us as part of the show. biggrin.gif I'll be happy if we can gather a display of about 5+ Puma's for both days of the weekend. biggrin.gif

This event is a bit different and fun, as there is lot to do aside from just looking at other cars like most shows Pumapeople attend. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I'm sure that those able to take part in this event will have a great weekend. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   spectre17 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

Agg, i book a weekend away and now this, and the GT3 championship come up.
Grr, why cant the events spread over the rest of the Month!

The best thing about a Shiny Vauxhall, IS... that I can see the Puma's reflection in it!

#7 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

This is a review of last year's event. It gives a good feel of it's scale and number of different things happening during the weekend! biggrin.gif

Magnificent Bank Holiday Sets Two Records for Eastbourne

Record crowds of more than 30,000, a record 550 vehicle exhibitors on Eastbourne's Western Lawns, plus glorious sunshine gave Magnificent Motors a Birthday to remember as the transport spectacular celebrated its 5th year.

Boosted by the brilliant Bank Holiday weather, Magnificent Motors, set two records in 2008 and welcomed more than 30,000 visitors alongside 550 vehicles to the Western Lawns over the two days; the highest crowd and exhibitor numbers in the event's 5-year history.

The motoring festival set on Eastbourne seafront saw a real variety of vehicles on show; from the oldest 1908 Caffyn Wolseley to the more contemporary Morris Minors celebrating their 60th anniversary, plus crowd favourites, the Lone Star Auto Club with their impressive classic American cars.

Eastbourne Borough Council Spokesperson for Tourism, Cllr Steve Wallis said "I visited Magnificent Motors over the weekend and it was brilliant to see so many people enjoying themselves. The event is certainly very popular and is growing from strength to strength each year. Phones were ringing right up until the day itself with exhibitors desperate to show off their vehicles on Eastbourne's Western Lawns and the event is a hit with adults and children alike.

The weather was fantastic for the Bank Holiday and with the vast array of vehicles, funfair rides, French Market, bands on the Magnificent Motors stage there was plenty to keep everybody entertained for what is a unique weekend on the south coast. The entrants to the ‘Top gear of the year' were fantastic and I enjoyed judging the competition."

The sun came out for all three days over the Bank Holiday with the town clearly enjoying its status as sunniest place in the UK.

Hotels in the town experienced high demand for rooms over the Bank Holiday with visitors booking in to enjoy Eastbourne's bumper packed weekend.

Marco Giorgi, Vice-Chairman of Eastbourne Hospitality Association (EHA) said: "The warm sunny weather certainly helped ensure Magnificent Motors was a huge success. The majority of EHA member hotels have advised they were fully booked with guests coming from all over the world and commenting how pleased they were to see such a wonderful event on in Eastbourne."

The Bandstand was in full swing this Bank Holiday too, with the Eastbourne Silver Band on Sunday and South West Surrey Concert Band on Monday as it kicked off a month of traditional concerts that will continue throughout May, before the full entertainment programme gets underway in June. With the French Market taking place on the middle promenade between the pier and Bandstand, the audience was boosted with over 200 visitors making the most of the entertainment on offer and enjoying the afternoon sun.

Spurred by the success of this year's Magnificent Motors and keen to attract even more visitors in 2009, event organisers, Eastbourne Borough Council, are looking ahead to next year when the motoring spectacular returns from 2-3 May 2009.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   DJdi 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:54 AM

I really fancy this Chris, haven't done anything with pp for ages, would you put me down provisionally please.
A day without laughter is a day wasted.

#9 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hey guys,

As this is a 2 day event I will deffo try and make it for sure, I'm probably better for sunday the 3rd, as I will be working on the sat unless I do a sicky but if Im working sunday aswell then I will have a sudden illness, lol. Should be down on sat night then we can hang out, and I can prepare car for the sunday. cool.gif biggrin.gif
Vas

#10 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

That's great Di. Would be great to see you again! biggrin.gif

As Vas has suggested, as this is a 2 day event, your welcome to display your car on the Saturday, Sunday, or both days. Whichever suits. I just need to make the organisers aware so we can have enough stand space and correct passes, etc. smile.gif

I'm not sure if they are doing it again this year yet, but last year they ran these two competitions amongst entrants at the show. smile.gif

To win the title of Top Gear for the Year, exhibitors must dress up in fancy dress inspired by the year of their vehicle's manufacture, while Tailgate Picnic will see prizes awarded for the most imaginative picnic served from the boot of a vehicle.

I'm not exactly sure what the fashions of 1997 were (Geri Halliwell Union Jack dress? biggrin.gif ), but it could be fun none the less. biggrin.gif Picnic would be nice too if it's Sunny. biggrin.gif Makes a change from the normal concours comp. biggrin.gif Another trophy for Vas maybe? biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hey chris,
as soon as weather is a bit better I will be making an assault on concours 2009 . I'm after that punk who beat me at wonderland and took away my 100% record. I'm gonna have a punch up next time. biggrin.gif cool.gif cool2.gif cool2.gif
Vas

#12 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

Great news Vas. biggrin.gif 385 needs to get out back on the show circuit biggrin.gif

Really looking forward to this event, especially if we can get a good turnout together over both days. biggrin.gif Will all have a fun Saturday evening too no doubt biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   zara014 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

Could you put me down as a possibility please Chris.... I promise to behave myself! LOL smile.gif
Posted Image
** Zara & FRP#014 **

#14 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Jan 7 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will all have a fun Saturday evening too no doubt biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Too bad we'll have to get up early on Sunday but hey

#15 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

No Problem Zara biggrin.gif I'll add you and your Puma to the provisional list. biggrin.gif

Colin, it's not that an early start, as I understand you have to gather for the cavalcade at about 9am, prior to heading off at about 10am with all the other vehicles on display at the show. smile.gif The cavalcade is run with the oldest vehicles at the front. As there are old buses, steam powered traction engines, and the like taking part, the drive along the seafront is quiet slow. So there is the opportunity to drive straight to the show site and arrive before the cavalcade. However, it would be a bit of a shame to miss out on this, as it's a fun start to each day. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

i;d love to come to this, but have a festival meet weekend which i;m organising so can get outta that! sad.gif

#17 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Jan 8 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As there are old buses,

That should get me out of bed! woot2.gif

#18 User is offline   zara014 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Jan 8 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Problem Zara biggrin.gif I'll add you and your Puma to the provisional list. biggrin.gif

Colin, it's not that an early start, as I understand you have to gather for the cavalcade at about 9am, prior to heading off at about 10am with all the other vehicles on display at the show. smile.gif The cavalcade is run with the oldest vehicles at the front. As there are old buses, steam powered traction engines, and the like taking part, the drive along the seafront is quiet slow. So there is the opportunity to drive straight to the show site and arrive before the cavalcade. However, it would be a bit of a shame to miss out on this, as it's a fun start to each day. biggrin.gif

Fanx Fanx Fanx smile.gif
Posted Image
** Zara & FRP#014 **

#19 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'll make sure we all get plenty of pictures Ross so you can see what went on over the weekend. wink.gif It's a super little weekend by the seaside, especially if the weather is nice biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Given the show site is right next to the seafront and nearby town centre, there is loads to do and see over the weekend. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif I am confident that all those coming will have an excellent time! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Owww, the seaside.... that'll be novel! lol

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic