Pumapeople: Frp Injectors - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Injectors

#1 User is offline   CHRIS_OAKLEY2010 

• Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

The injectors fitted in FRP. am i right they are only rated up to about 165bhp ?

is there any injectors out on the market that are rated higher than this that would be a direct fit into the fuel rail ?

also if a frp was turbo'd would there be much of an advantage in using the frp inlet manifold, or would it be a waste of a sort after manifold?

any views appriciated.

chris.

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

inlet manifold would be wasted, also change the cams back to std 1.7 items, change the exhaust manifold back to std as well. In fact start of with a std 1.7 and flog an FRP spec 1.7 to help pay for a turbo conversion smile.gif
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#3 User is offline   clayton 

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Turby @ Mar 9 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
inlet manifold would be wasted, also change the cams back to std 1.7 items, change the exhaust manifold back to std as well. In fact start of with a std 1.7 and flog an FRP spec 1.7 to help pay for a turbo conversion smile.gif

what about the injectors turby? i'd be interested to know this as well cool.gif
Posted Image
Full FRP Engine - Now with LSD
Dyno run @176bhp 150lb/ft

#4 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:08 AM

Yep, bin the injectors as well and fit some nice top feed ones into a suitably modified injector rail along with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator which can handle positive pressures ...

This post has been edited by Turby: 19 March 2008 - 01:09 AM

#5 User is offline   clayton 

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

is this a custom job or are there of the shelf parts you can use? like the red top vauxhaul injectors laugh.gif
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

They aren't custom top-feed injectors. Source whatever injectors are suitable (based on flowrates, resistance, etc) and then modify the injector housing and build fuel rail to suit. I'm using some Pico motorsport ones.

#7 User is offline   clayton 

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Turby @ Mar 19 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They aren't custom top-feed injectors. Source whatever injectors are suitable (based on flowrates, resistance, etc) and then modify the injector housing and build fuel rail to suit. I'm using some Pico motorsport ones.

so you could use a set of ford racing injectors for the mustang? theres a set on the bay. can i have a link for this fuel rail please

thanks turby - no more spoon feeding for me laugh.gif
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Owen developments built mine in their machine shop along with machining the existing housing and fitting the injectors and mapping it - all I know is it works just fine smile.gif.

Building your own fuel rail - http://www.sdsefi.com/techrail.htm

No idea what injectors are used on the mustang - what ecu are you planning on using ie what injector impedance ? what flow rate do you require ? Do these requirements meet the exact spec of the mustang injectors on eay ?

#9 User is offline   clayton 

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Turby @ Mar 19 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Owen developments built mine in their machine shop along with machining the existing housing and fitting the injectors and mapping it - all I know is it works just fine smile.gif.

Building your own fuel rail - http://www.sdsefi.com/techrail.htm

No idea what injectors are used on the mustang - what ecu are you planning on using ie what injector impedance ? what flow rate do you require ? Do these requirements meet the exact spec of the mustang injectors on eay ?

cool thanks for that! its just questions for now but if i were to do it i would go for dream science. the only reason i asked is from the above mention of the frp injectors becoming restrictive above 160bhp which isn't far of std. sounds like these would be a point of failure in engine tuning.....perhaps
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

Arrrr Dreamscience. How are you going to map the car for varying loads (boost) at varying rpm ? I think you'll be needing to fit a MAP sensor. The std ECU doesn't have a MAP sensor input, therefore Dreamscience is a no go. Would work on a supercharged application though as the load (boost) is proportional to rpm as its a mechanical system as opposed to a turbo charger on which load varies depending on throttle position and rpm.

What wrong with installing and mapping a good quality aftermarket ECU ? Naturally you have to choose one which support the features you require. Do you want anti-lag ? Traction control with wheel speed sensors ? switchable maps ? Best bet is to ask your local mapper what he recommends as he will be the one mapping it... (no point in buying an ECU he has no experience in mapping as they are all different and have there own foibles!)

#11 User is offline   clayton 

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Turby @ Mar 20 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arrrr Dreamscience. How are you going to map the car for varying loads (boost) at varying rpm ? I think you'll be needing to fit a MAP sensor. The std ECU doesn't have a MAP sensor input, therefore Dreamscience is a no go. Would work on a supercharged application though as the load (boost) is proportional to rpm as its a mechanical system as opposed to a turbo charger on which load varies depending on throttle position and rpm.

What wrong with installing and mapping a good quality aftermarket ECU ? Naturally you have to choose one which support the features you require. Do you want anti-lag ? Traction control with wheel speed sensors ? switchable maps ? Best bet is to ask your local mapper what he recommends as he will be the one mapping it... (no point in buying an ECU he has no experience in mapping as they are all different and have there own foibles!)

some good info there, thanks again cool.gif

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

200sx injectors are sidefed like the puma ones however, there flow rates are probably way above what you want them for, unless you run stupid amounts of boost and have the most undriveable car youve ever owned lol

Dreamscience is good for low budget builds like mine, but the bee's bolo_Cks are the proper aftermarket ecus. Its a pain in the butt now, but will make the car much better to run and live with. For instance, a lot of the time when you are just going a-b you wont want late lag, undriveable traction control, and super high rev limiters, but when you want to go for some, you can change the map instantly without stoping by a knob on your dash.
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic