Pumapeople: Finally Moving Forward With 275 - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finally Moving Forward With 275

#1 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

It has been a while since last posting about 275 which we bought with great enthusiasm only to encounter problems which dampened our enjoyment and made us wonder if we had done the right thing buying this car. In a nutshell we came to a heart or head decision of whether she stayed or went and of course the heart won! Posted Image

275 is now in the safe hands of Pumabuild where she will be restored back to her former glory and added to the list of many FRPs that have been there. Looking forward to watching the progress and excited for when it returns home so we can finally get to enjoy our FRP when the rain stops and the better weather arrives. Posted Image

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

Hadn't realised you were having issues with yours, but glad you are on the path to getting sorted.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Thanks HK. Looking forward to bringing it to some events this year and properly joining in :-)

#4 User is offline   nottadam 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear of your woes. Hope it gets sorted.What's Pumabuild doing to it?

Paul
FRP#008, 2001 1.6 Med Steel Blue, Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec S

#5 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hi Paul,

How ya doing?

Our woes were caused by 1 ongoing issue that should have been a simple fix. Our mechanic outsourced one thing because he was doing the other mechanical work and to be fair it was a reputable company he always uses but they struggled for some unknown reason and we all regretted it! His work was spot on and the engine runs beautifully now so perhaps we were just a bit unlucky but it took the shine off for a while because as you know from CC we were thrilled to finally get an FRP. Hopefully now it is all okay but not having driven another FRP to compare it with we are getting PB to check it out while it is with them just to be sure.

They are giving the bodywork a complete going over including full respray because she has done a lot of motorway miles and is quite badly stone chipped, there are small areas of rust appearing that need effectively treating and complete wheel refurb with new tyres all round. Posted Image Then I can go out and polish her everyday!!! Posted Image

#6 User is offline   nottadam 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

Doing OK thanks.
I'm looking forward to seeing 275 this year thenPosted Image. Bet you can't wait to get it back.
Mine is still under cover. It will be out for MOT at end of March then I'll be looking forward to a few meets/shows.
Paul
FRP#008, 2001 1.6 Med Steel Blue, Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec S

#7 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

Good luck with the MOT although sure it'll fly through and yep really looking forward to its return.

See you soon :-)

#8 User is offline   Rayy 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Good luck with it GF!

Is anyone organising the CC meet, looks like it's the 9th of July this year? http://www.rscombe.com/ suggests booking are being taken now?
Owner: FRP #076
Current mile muncher: 2014(64) Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCI 200 Titanium X Sport - Frozen White

Previous:
2009(09) Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI | 2008(08) Mk7 Ford Fiesta TDCI Zetec S | 1999(T) Rover 420 | 1997(.R) Rover 620 TD | 1995(M) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Si
First car: 1990(H) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus!

#9 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

That's great news Micky 275 will be in good hands and I look forward to seeing him/her at Coombe if not before. L8FRP is currently in for surgery on the rear arches before he gets a rollcage fitted ready for next season. MSA rule changes demand that I now fit a rollcage in order to compete.

#10 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

:woot2:
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#11 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

I guess the MSA have seen the same pic of your driving that I have and figure you need one Dave ;-) There will be no such high jinx for 275 much to hubby's disgust although I'm sure a few sedate laps this year with the others around the CC track won't do any harm :-)

Thanks all for the words of encouragement and fingers crossed PB don't find anything too challenging (and expensive) to deal with as they pull 'her' apart :-(

#12 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

Over enthusiasm in the picture Micky. With a rollcage I can see if I can get both inside wheels off the ground, there is chap in a mini who does that on the same hairpin!!

#13 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Posted Imagewear brown trousers! Posted Image

#14 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

You haven't seen anything till you've seen me in my white overalls and fireproof undies. Something reminiscent of a Michelin Man. Hence cannot possibly change to brown trousers, so must try not to terrify myself!

#15 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

275 is coming home today....at last....and in time for the Berkeley Motor Show tomorrow and Castle Coombe on the 9th. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Can't wait to join the convoy this year.

I have chickened out of driving it home and now waiting for hubby to return - a butterflies in the stomach morning every time a car now goes past the house but if she looks as good as the pics sent yesterday I will be very happy. PLEASE do not let it rain until it's safely back on the drive Posted Image

I'll put some pics sent yesterday in the gallery and see you all soon at CC Posted Image

#16 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

That's brilliant news for you
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#17 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Thanks HK Posted Image still not back Posted Image

#18 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

It's back Posted Image. Thank you to Pumabuild, Eldood and Dave Watson for all their hard work bringing this car back to it's former glory.

#19 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

Fabulous. Can enjoy it now that you're home.

#20 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

View Postgimmickyflea, on 18 June 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

It's back Posted Image. Thank you to Pumabuild, Eldood and Dave Watson for all their hard work bringing this car back to it's former glory.

:beer:

No Problem..

Pictures look great

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic