Pumapeople: Need Rear Silencer. - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need Rear Silencer.

#1 User is offline   Pit Viper 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

I've just bought a stainless tailpipe trim for my standard backbox as the original one was rusty beyond repair, so
this evening I thought I'd just clean up the rear end of the backbox with a wire brush prior to fitting it tomorrow, except
that as I was doing it a 50p sized hole suddenly appeared just below where the tailpipe joins on.

Now the trouble is I've got the car booked into Pumaspeed on Tuesday Morning (cambelt) so are any of the 'quick' fit exhaust
centres decently priced for rear silencers for a 1.7? (I was going to order one from here:- http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/product_...os=0&max=10

as it only comes out at about £45 delivered.

If the exhaust centre places are way more than that I'll mail order one and maybe just have to drive a noisy car on Tuesday if it doesn't arrive on
Monday for me to fit.

So, anyone had a standard rear silencer fitted at their local tyre & exhaust centre to give me an idea on price before I mail order one as I'd need to do the
order first thing in the morning to stand a chance of getting on it Monday?

NO REPLIES REQUIRED NOW AS I HAVE TO COMMIT TO ORDERING THIS MORNING.

This post has been edited by Pit Viper: 26 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

#2 User is offline   numpty 

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

I'm sure I've seen posts where people were not happy with exhaust centre back boxes because they just have a normal looking tail pipe and not the chrome one that should be fitted.

#3 User is offline   Pit Viper 

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

I've ordered one from http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/product_...p?product_cat=1 and I've already got a stainless
steel 89mm tailpipe that I bought the other day for the exhaust that's on now, so oven if it comes with a poor tailpipe of
it's own I can soon whip that off and fit my new one before I fit the box. If it does have a decent end then I'll be selling
the SS tailpipe on.

This post has been edited by Pit Viper: 26 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

#4 User is offline   aoliver 

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

I have just bought one of these back boxes. The oval tailpipe appears to be rotated slightly compared to silencer box. Does the tailpipe align correctly when fitted to the car or is mine just badly assembled ?

#5 User is offline   aoliver 

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Have attempted to fit the thing and the tailpipe appears to be aligned correctly. However, the hangers for the rubber mounts are not. One was 1.5" out and could be bent into place, another was 2" out and has had to be cut off and rewelded into the correct place. Mounting the box with the mountings as supplied causes the tailpipe to strike the side of the rear bumper cut out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic