• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh Dear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jessie 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Matt has been poorly with seroius man flu.

He was red hot last night but was complianing of feeling frozen (cos his temp was so much higher than the ambient temp so everything feels cold).

I thought I'd gotten away with it cos he's been poorly for over a week now and I've not come down with anything but I'm starting to feel my throat getting sore so I'm dosing up on fruit smoothies and stuff to fill me up with vitamins sad.gif

I really can't afford to be sick this week. I'm on leave and I've only got 1 day where I don't have something booked to do!!
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

#2 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

Had my flu jab a couple of days ago.

But have a had a cold for 3 weeks now, apparently this is dangerous?

#3 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Never heard of it being dangerous, I could be wrong tho.

Usually the cold it's self is gone in under a week, but the symptoms can hang around for a while after.

#4 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

I had a flu jab the week before last and woke with one hell of a cold 36 hours later. About 5 of us arrived for work that day in the same boat.

I had also heard you shouldn't have a flu jab when you are fighting infection - but I didn't know at the time. Can any of you medical experts out there put my mind at rest?

I haven't shifted it yet - suppose my body is fighting both.

Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#5 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

This is why I don't have the flu jab!!

I've seen it a few times, not always that you are already fighting an infection but that your body reacts to the attenuated virus you are injected with in the same way it would react to the live virus.

Again you have probably gotten over the "infection" it's self but the symptoms stick around for ages after.

I've only had flu once and it's not a pleasant experience. I went from feeling ok to flat out and hallucinating in 5 hours blink.gif Still 5 days later I was well enough to get to my Mum's to be looked after smile.gif

#6 User is offline   mjh24 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

had a really bad cold the other week, didnt have time off work, but off for 3 months now, i am bored already! mellow.gif
i have nothing to say right now

#7 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

I had the flu jab for 3 consecutive years. Each time, a few days later I succumbed to a horrible, miserable cold. Each year I told them this but they said it was just a coincidence, I was still better off having the jab.

I've not had the flu jab this year. I'll let you know if it was the right decision !!!!

This post has been edited by pumanurse: 25 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

No Comment

#8 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

I thought you had to be an OAP to have the flu jab or in a at risk category (whatever that means!)????
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (warrenpenalver @ Nov 25 2007, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought you had to be an OAP to have the flu jab or in a at risk category (whatever that means!)????

I am in a risk category rolleyes.gif

#10 Guest_Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Not sure what I have, but have had it for 14 days and im pissed off with it. Keep thinking im getting over it when it attacks a different part of my body. Seems that a lot of people have it right now, and i wouldnt wish it on those I hate most to be honest.

#11 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (warrenpenalver @ Nov 25 2007, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Health service workers are considered high risk. It costs less to give us the flu jab than to pay us sick pay and have to cover our jobs. It makes sense really

and I'm an OAP compared to you youngsters
No Comment

#12 User is offline   deeceebee 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

I'm supposed to have a flu jab because I've got no spleen. Every year I've had one I've promptly come down with a fluey/cold thing thats put me off work for a few days, so, for the last couple of years I've not bothered and I've not even had an inkling of a cold.
New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

#13 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

I don't think I've ever had the flu jab, but then again most of my headaches and colds tend to be self inflicted!
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#14 User is offline   BenF 

• View gallery

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (pumanurse @ Nov 25 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Health service workers are considered high risk. It costs less to give us the flu jab than to pay us sick pay and have to cover our jobs. It makes sense really

and I'm an OAP compared to you youngsters

people working in schools are treated similarly

and some of are even closer to their pensions than others wink.gif

Someone stole my Thunder...

#15 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

I don't usually get colds but since I've been working at my new school I've had 3. rolleyes.gif I had one at the start of the year, when I hadn't been there long & I was still on supply so I dosed myself up with Beechams or whatever & struggled in cos I couldn't afford to lose my pay. sleep.gif

Then I got another cold at half term and spent the whole week indoors feeling miserable (but it gave me an excuse not to do anything tongue.gif). I had a cold coming on yesterday but I bought some of that Vick's First Defence yesterday & I think it's helping. smile.gif It was quite expensive but let's see - have just read THIS to see how it works smile.gif

#16 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

Quite worrying that they are getting people to spray stuff up their nose without it being properly tested out though.
No Comment

#17 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

The article is 2 years old... unsure.gif I used to take echinacea but I read that they discredited it, now I think they've changed their minds again... sleep.gif

This post has been edited by LisaDJ: 25 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

#18 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (BOK @ Nov 25 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in a risk category rolleyes.gif

me too

QUOTE (Jessie @ Nov 24 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've only had flu once and it's not a pleasant experience. I went from feeling ok to flat out and hallucinating in 5 hours

You should try it when you are 8 months pregnant ..... thought I was gonna give birth through my mouth lol
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#19 User is offline   Guy Incognito 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

I am blessed with a wolverine constitution! I heal fast and hardly ever get ill. I sometimes get a cold in the morning and sniff from when I get up until about 11ish then thats the end of it!

A Consultant dermatoligist wanted me to come in for tests because i heal at apparently a really fast rate.

Hope you feel better soon Matt!

#20 Guest_Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

Im normally like you mate. Can go years without being sick. Then this (---)ing thing comes along, and wipes the floor with me. Feels like im having my throat scraped with a de-icer. my eardrums pierced with red hot needles, my thermostat is not working and Im sure i have enough fluid in my lungs to be technically classed as drowning wink.gif

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic