Pumapeople: Just A Tad Concerned - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just A Tad Concerned servicing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bobdunbar 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

Mmmm Dont know where to start with this one, I bought my Puma from a local Garage, I have gone through the servicing book and found the last service stamp for 39,000 miles, however when I called the garage who did the service to see if the cambelt had been changed they have no record of my car, or the previous owner.
I got the car with 40.000 on the clock so it has just been serviced (07/03/08), I am now thinking I should go back to where I bought it from and inform them of this false stamp.
I also think I will be calling trading standards over this one as well.
Thoughts anyone. sad.gif sad.gif
Bob

#2 User is offline   arcdef 

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

i would defiantly call up the garage and question it, could be a genuine mistake but could be some fiddling, maybe ask the garage to get in touch with the previous owner to provide an invoice?? if its anything like where i got my oil changed they didn't record any of the cars details just my surname and that could be what they done?

hope it helps
Ash

Sponsor my Charity Skydive For: Breast Cancer Uk British Heart Foundation
Thanks!!!

#3 User is offline   GMan4 

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

Don't you have the previous owner on the V5 - may be worth a call to verify. As arcdef says maybe the details weren't recorded. I've just had my belts done at the local garage and the briefest of details were taken. If there's no legitimate explanation then contact Trading Standards - in my experience they're usually quite helpful.

#4 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (arcdef @ Jun 16 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would defiantly call up the garage and question it, could be a genuine mistake but could be some fiddling, maybe ask the garage to get in touch with the previous owner to provide an invoice?? if its anything like where i got my oil changed they didn't record any of the cars details just my surname and that could be what they done?

hope it helps
Ash

I have called the garage and I have the previous owners name, But what concerns me the most is that the service record is stamped and that to me implies that they should have a record, the guy at the garage who's service stamp it is has told me that they keep computer records of all cars as it is policy.
Now you can see why I am just slightly bothered about this.
Bob

QUOTE (arcdef @ Jun 16 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hope it helps
Ash

#5 User is offline   Smoking_Zephyr 

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear this... Good luck with sorting it out, defo follow up biggrin.gif

Welcome along anyhoo smile.gif

I ran the BUPA Great Manchester Run on 17 May 2009 to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH UK

Puma's owned to date...
July 2006 - February 2008 1998 Red S Reg 1.4 Ford Puma... February 2008 - Present 2001 Black Y Reg 1.7 Ford Puma

#6 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (bobdunbar @ Jun 16 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have called the garage and I have the previous owners name, But what concerns me the most is that the service record is stamped and that to me implies that they should have a record, the guy at the garage who's service stamp it is has told me that they keep computer records of all cars as it is policy.
Now you can see why I am just slightly bothered about this.
Bob

I bought my car from a dealer who stamped my service book as having a full annual service at the point of purchase. When I started having problems with the car they told me to get it serviced. I pointed out to them that they had stamped my book. They actually put it in writing to me that they had only done an oil change and explained that to me when they stamped my book. I dont think so. Anyway what I wanted to say is go to Trading Standards. They helped me. They were brilliant and are still investigating the garage. I also got my car fully serviced aswell.

Chippy

#7 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (chippy @ Jun 17 2008, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought my car from a dealer who stamped my service book as having a full annual service at the point of purchase. When I started having problems with the car they told me to get it serviced. I pointed out to them that they had stamped my book. They actually put it in writing to me that they had only done an oil change and explained that to me when they stamped my book. I dont think so. Anyway what I wanted to say is go to Trading Standards. They helped me. They were brilliant and are still investigating the garage. I also got my car fully serviced aswell.

Chippy

Cheers for that, I will be getting in touch with trading standards as The garage that stamped the book is not the garage I bought the car from. So I have 2 problems as such but I am sure they will help me out.
Bob

#8 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (bobdunbar @ Jun 17 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers for that, I will be getting in touch with trading standards as The garage that stamped the book is not the garage I bought the car from. So I have 2 problems as such but I am sure they will help me out.
Bob

Garage are going to change the cambelt and service the car free of charge, Result

#9 User is offline   GMan4 

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

Top result cool.gif Restores your faith somewhat with garages.

#10 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (GMan4 @ Jun 21 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Car went in yesterday and they not only changed the cambelt, but did the aux and waterpump as well FOC.
really impressed with this garage, they sell mostly Fords so they should know what they are doing. cool.gif

#11 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

Good result laugh.gif

No Comment

#12 User is offline   Thunderbird 

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Excellent! I am pleased to know it is sorted in a very good way.

Enjoy your Puma now!
I love it when my Millie purrrrrrs!!

51 Reg. 1.7 Panther Black PUMA, 67595 miles, FFSH

#13 User is offline   BenF 

• View gallery

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (bobdunbar @ Jun 21 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Garage are going to change the cambelt and service the car free of charge, Result

QUOTE (GMan4 @ Jun 21 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it is a good result, but why did they do this work free of charge? Do they have something to cover up? Has either garage been able to give you a satisfactory answer why there was a false stamp, or do you think that by doing this work you will take the matter no further?

worth thinking about?

As a matter of interest which are the 2 garages concerned? I want to know where not to go!

Someone stole my Thunder...

#14 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (BenF @ Jul 5 2008, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is a good result, but why did they do this work free of charge? Do they have something to cover up? Has either garage been able to give you a satisfactory answer why there was a false stamp, or do you think that by doing this work you will take the matter no further?

worth thinking about?

As a matter of interest which are the 2 garages concerned? I want to know where not to go!

No the garage I bought it off got the car from Allan fords as a sell on, they have done this as a good faith gesture as they have been in business for 25 years and pride them selves on good customer service.
The other garage who stamped the book are still looking in to the actions and will get back to me this week.
They seem to think that they have a rogue mechanic who is working on the side.
The garage I bought the car from gave me a waranty on the car, and the owner explained that he would rather change the belt, than have to replace an engine if the belt went, which is a fair call.
I will post on here the results from the servicing garage when I get them.
Also there is a Puma for sale in Coventry at present if any one looking, Its a W reg 1.7 in silver with 52k on the clock, going for £3000 ish.

Bob biggrin.gif

#15 User is offline   royf 

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

My garage put Cam belt changed in the service book when they stamped it. Had it changed just as a precaution as it had not said anything in the book. At least I shall be able to show any prospective buyer if I decided to sell it when it was done

#16 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

The cambelt change stamp is towards the back of the service book, glad you're happy with your Kat now and enjoy the ride too.
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#17 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Cheers, I am absoloutly loving driving the car, I wish I had bought one instead of the golf and the others after.

#18 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

Live and learn = then still make a pigs ear of it laugh.gif
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#19 User is offline   bobdunbar 

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yep we do at that, I had an Alfa for a while and that was fun as well, but not as much fun as the Puma.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic