• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Boy racer baiting

#1 User is offline   saferider 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2003 - 08:44 PM

cool2.gif Well talk about laugh today on the way back from Stoke today pulled up alongside boy racer driving an xr3i ( whale tail spoiler, six inch exhuast pipe you know the sort ) who fancied his chances and of he went with me following just behind as i thought racing was childish, ( :twisted: :twisted: ) caught up with him on the next roundabout where i left him behind only for him to go storming past when i slowed at the speed limit (60 mph) this was repeated again and again with out me breaking the limits but he kept storming past well over the limit and then waiting for me to try his luck again. Caught up again but there was another car racing away with him from the roundabout who i followed and we both left him i pulled in at sixty as did the other car and he goes storming past at about 85 other car (bmw i think) follows him i lose sight of them but funny part see them in layby a minute later guess what bmw was an unmarked police car and matey boy had just got pulled, had to stop in next layby and wipe away tears of joy and laughter and having nearly peed myself
3 points and sixty quid me thinks ja_bebe.gif ja_bebe.gif

#2 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 18 October 2003 - 08:52 PM

ooowwww.....do feel for that guy....must be a major bummer getting dun by an unmarked car......not much you can do bout that!........will teach him a lesson though....

Had a very close incident in warwick the other week.......I accelerated toward a roundabout....a landrover was trying to race me......yes a landrover gainst an FRP!!... comp.gif :help: .....as i got the otherside of the roundabout, JUST noticed a cop car flying up behind me.....I thought i was reall ydone for......just carried on steady up the A46 and then he turned of a left me alone........I WAS SHI**iNG myself....never been dun before, and wud like to keep it that way!!! :yell: :yell:

gonna take it easy in the dark from now on...too risky :help:

Chris
453 10.gif

#3 User is offline   objected 

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:15 PM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

XR3i (and the drivers) - reminded me why I would never buy a Ford... biggrin.gif Until the Puma of course...
Mark

Milly #552
YELLOW POSSE MEMBER
VICE President

#4 User is offline   PuMan 

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:12 PM

Were the coppers that stopped him in uniform or plain clothes?

#5 User is offline   saferider 

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:13 AM

Were the coppers that stopped him in uniform or plain clothes?

uniform and its still making me smile biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :twisted:

#6 Guest_XIIVVX_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:04 AM

uniform and its still making me smile biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :twisted:

Me too.

Thanks for posting that laugh.gif

XIIVVX

#7 User is offline   David 

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:15 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Got what he deserves!
David - Clio Trophy now sold! Megane R26 on the way - ETA March 1st 2008.
Ex-FRS #2787 - Ex-FRP #383

#8 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:16 AM

awww! what i shame, i felt sorry for him.......for almost a whole millisecond!

#9 User is offline   billybillythedog 

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:21 AM

Had a very close incident in warwick the other week.......I accelerated toward a roundabout....a landrover was trying to race me......yes a landrover gainst an FRP!!... comp.gif :help: .....as i got the otherside of the roundabout, JUST noticed a cop car flying up behind me.....I thought i was reall ydone for......just carried on steady up the A46 and then he turned of a left me alone........I WAS SHI**iNG myself....never been dun before, and wud like to keep it that way!!! :yell: :yell:

gonna take it easy in the dark from now on...too risky :help:

Chris
453 10.gif

take it easy chris.....im watching you!!!..

:evil: :evil: laugh.gif

DAD

#10 User is offline   Mark S. 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:17 AM

eldoodarin2002 - Are you from the Warwick area? If you are be careful of the white vans, one sits on top of the A46 most days. Have a look at www.smilecamera.co.uk for their locations.....

#11 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 October 2003 - 12:58 PM

thanks...

i live near notts, but do travel down to Warwick...and have spotted that bloody van!!..... cool2.gif

Chris

#12 User is offline   m8tte 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:29 PM

The warwickshire van also sits on the m42 bridges and also on the A3400

Basically my route to work!

Also if you go on the m42 smile to all the cameras as you go under the gantrys and slip roads on to it - been put in cus shortly they will use the hardshoulder during rush hours as a lane and will also have enforceable varying speed limits

You have been warned!

Saw an R reg gold coloured saab convertible with blue disco lights flashing in the radiator grill last year going the other way on M42!

You have been warned again!

Only place i can speed ....... is on to my drive only 5 metres long tho
- i have set the speed limit as 1 mph and so i can smash it - at least 20 mph! and not get done!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Puma 1.7

#13 User is offline   m8tte 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:29 PM

and the van sits over the m6 as well!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Puma 1.7

#14 User is offline   mountainkat 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:13 PM

Just had a close call myself - on my way back from Llangollen on some good twisties (doing 50/60ish) & started to catch a white volvo estate who decided to put his foot down but seemed to be struggling a bit on the corners. Thought I'd have a bit of fun & "encourage" him a bit so accelerated myself - had been driving behind him for 10minutes when I noticed a little police emblem on the rear hatch -- oops, obviously slowed down then !!! Fortunately those in-car radars don't face backwards :wink:

#15 User is offline   bigdave 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:27 PM

biggrin.gif  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

XR3i (and the drivers) - reminded me why I would never buy a Ford...  :D Until the Puma of course...

oops - i've owned 2 XR3is in my time and moved from a moondust silver 1.7 Puma to an FRP. The XR3i was a great fun car and it's a shame the majority of XR3i drivers out there give it such a bad image.
i prefer to be known as a "serious driver" rather than a boy racer.

now where's my Burberry baseball cap.......
FRP #139 is for sale!!!!!

#16 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:41 PM

on the subject of nice cars, ive just followed a nice red astra van that had thediy rear tinted windows with the creases in that come as standard! it had a twin exhaust that was like 2 beans cans and there was a horrible droan coming from them! the thing that made me laugh was the sticker on the tailgate that read 'the dogs oops!' oh and it had a towbar???? cool2.gif

#17 User is offline   David 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:53 PM

I saw the worst Fiesta ever today, I think it was once a Zetec-S and was metalic black. It was twilight, and I could already see that the interior looked like a disco. The best part were the 4, thats right, 4 central exhausts. They each were at least 5" too! laugh.gif You could hear it 2 minutes before you could see it! :shock:
David - Clio Trophy now sold! Megane R26 on the way - ETA March 1st 2008.
Ex-FRS #2787 - Ex-FRP #383

#18 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:55 PM

and it took 30 mins to pass you i bet!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#19 User is offline   objected 

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:01 PM

and it took 30 mins to pass you i bet!!! laugh.gif  :lol:

We don't know if David was walking or cycling - could have been much longer than 30 mins...
Mark

Milly #552
YELLOW POSSE MEMBER
VICE President

#20 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:05 PM

this is very true!!!! so david was you walking like a snail or was you on your bike, stopped to go in the shop, came out and it was still driving past or............????? ja_stupid.gif

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked