Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rear Arches

#1 User is offline   mid life marky 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi everyone !!!!

Sorry to keep going on about ( the dreaded rear arches !!!)
But has anyone heard of any type of conversion to deal with the inner carpet liner ??
Surely someone has looked into trying to fit some sort of plastic inner wing from another
model or even make.
I have heard that the front wing's from a pug 206 fit really well for replacment arche's but what about
the inner liner ??
Been working on my arches for a bit now and wondered if they are a mot failure ??
My car is outside this winter with a cover over it so i decided to sand back all the paint
put some rust remedy on and fill with filler !!!
I know it will be back in month's but is this just a waste of time ??

Cheer's

MLM

This post has been edited by mid life marky: 08 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

#2 User is offline   muzboy 

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

View Postmid life marky, on 08 October 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Hi everyone !!!!

Sorry to keep going on about ( the dreaded rear arches !!!)
But has anyone heard of any type of conversion to deal with the inner carpet liner ??
Surely someone has looked into trying to fit some sort of plastic inner wing from another
model or even make.
I have heard that the front wing's from a pug 206 fit really well for replacment arche's but what about
the inner liner ??
Been working on my arches for a bit now and wondered if they are a mot failure ??
My car is outside this winter with a cover over it so i decided to sand back all the paint
put some rust remedy on and fill with filler !!!
I know it will be back in month's but is this just a waste of time ??

Cheer's

MLM

I think the only way to cure it is to replace the metal. We looked at 206 arches but the Fibrebuild rear arch repair panels were only £40 and the bodyshop fitted them OK. They trimmed the edge of the liner back slightly in the arch away from the lip.

#3 User is offline   jonendy 

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hi there.
I've just got my Silver W plate Puma back from the repair shop about 20 minutes ago - the wheel arches look great now.
I bought some repair panels off ebay. Before the repair I showed them to the paint shop and they were happy with how they looked, and believed me when I said I'd heard they were easy to work with. At the same time as the repair, a few scuffs here and there have been sorted out at the same time, while they had the paint in the spray gun.
Well worth it.
Happy Puma! Happy owner!
: )

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic