Pumapeople: ECU outputs - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ECU outputs

#1 User is offline   rowen 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:34 PM

Well, the "why" part I think RobK has sussed - just coz it would be cool! (am I sounding very sad here?) I have no intention of fiddeling with settings - just watching what is going on and displaying (and possibly logging) this info.

What I would need is to be able to do is get this data into the cabin. I'm not too keen on making holes in the bulkhead (I have a feeling this may invalidate my warrenty).

Turby - thanks for that pointer. I think I'm going to need another phantom project to book all this reasearch to at work :twisted:

All the mentions "The Fast and the Furious" is getting on here, I think I'm going to have to have a trip down to HMV.... biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the responses - I'll let you know if anything comes of this (and if it does it may well be *very* cool biggrin.gif )
Rob
-----------
1.7 Moondust

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:59 PM

Well, the "why" part I think RobK has sussed - just coz it would be cool! (am I sounding very sad here?) I have no intention of fiddeling with settings - just watching what is going on and displaying (and possibly logging) this info.

What I would need is to be able to do is get this data into the cabin. I'm not too keen on making holes in the bulkhead (I have a feeling this may invalidate my warrenty).

Luckily for you Ford put the diagnostic port inside the cabin, at the base of the passenger side A pillar... nothing to stop you starting this project now smile.gif
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#3 User is offline   Mantamad 

Posted 03 May 2003 - 10:04 AM

Elecronics isn't my thing but often thought that it would be interesting to have an electronic(digital?) dash - say with a suitable monitor to replace the instrument dials but along the lines of a windows desktop in that you could choose which additional displays to use such as oil pressure, volts and, for instance, by plugging into a laptop, drag then to your chosen location on the cars display, change colours or graphics......as I say, just a thought smile.gif
David

#4 User is offline   rowen 

Posted 03 May 2003 - 01:11 PM

Inside the cabin? Excellent! I'm off for a bit of a rummage now smile.gif

now all I need to do is source a cable (or find a wiring diagram) and get the message format....
Rob
-----------
1.7 Moondust

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic