Pumapeople: Met A Focus Rs Today.... - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Met A Focus Rs Today....

#1 User is offline   sm9ai 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

Whilst driving yesterday I met a focus RS and got absolutely abliterated sad.gif

Amazing how a car only a few years older was so much quicker in cornering(well it was damp so I didn't want to push it too much) and acceleration.

Might have to look at an RS as my next car.

#2 User is offline   downhuman 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

I had a Focus RS in the past and, despite what people say, it did handle better than the puma (and had TONNES more power).

The FRS is a newer car than the puma - 2003/4 and has a LSD (which means flat out around corners) and as standard has a minimum of 212bhp (most were 225+)

I miss it...... especially with 300bhp

But the petrol costs are stupidly high (IMHO). £60 of V Power = 200 miles max for me.

Now in the frp I get £35 = 250 miles and I have a house so the FRS would cost to much

#3 User is offline   melinamotor 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Im looking out for a good one at the moment, hopefully have one on the drive early next year, wont be selling the FRP though wink.gif
Ex Melina 1.7,ex FRP441,ex Silver 1.7
Currently.
BMW M3. www.tremonagarage.com

#4 User is offline   racingpuma1982 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (melinamotor @ Nov 10 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im looking out for a good one at the moment, hopefully have one on the drive early next year, wont be selling the FRP though wink.gif

Same here, gotta sell the FRP though unsure.gif Would love to have both biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

The Focus RS really majors on torque rather than power and it's torque that pushes you back into the seat.

I wasn't overly keen on them when new but they have grown on me now (minus the Lexus lights type tat that are fitted to too many of them though) cool.gif It's got just enough visuals to look mean without going OTT. But the fuel economy isn't great but that's to be expected given its capable of 0-60 in 5.5 seconds...the Focus ST isn't much better but that's hardly a fuel sipper either...

This post has been edited by BOK: 10 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

#6 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I do like the RS Focus, despite the slightly chavvy image it seems to have gained recently (as Col says - too many Lexus lighted crapply modified examples around), but it will be a classic in the future I think.

I'd like one eventually smile.gif
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#7 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

Is your puma LSD equiped??? was the focus RS standard?? Many of them have been played with to get more power.

Having met them on track the handling is not that different, but the ability to put the power down is. I found around brands you can just about catch up at the corners and hold them just in front of your bumper through the corner but as soon as they put the power down they were gone and anything other than short straights meant you had no hope laugh.gif You try and put the power on when they did and even an LSD frp the front washes wide. Focus rear end is better on the limit than FRP's too. I think thats due to the much better suspension design.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

I over took one at Brands, however I think the driver was not familiar with the track or their car
having driven one twice on track (very fortunate to have done), I loved the power biggrin.gif but could not live with the ET seats (or lack of proper seat as it held me like butter!) and now running costs. Plus Ford did not do enough for exclusivity, a bottle top number....
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#9 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

they are a fast car undoubtedly but so many things play into it.

i met dave off the forums who used to own an frp and then moved onto an frs and we had a good couple of hours of proper spirited hard driving. and he would have been the first too tell anyone that on that day he could not get away from me. and the frp did out handle him on alot of corners but the frs's power makes up for that quickly.

just depends on the driver, whether the cars are standard etc and how big your danglies are laugh.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#10 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Nov 10 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I over took one at Brands, however I think the driver was not familiar with the track or their car
having driven one twice on track (very fortunate to have done), I loved the power biggrin.gif but could not live with the ET seats (or lack of proper seat as it held me like butter!) and now running costs. Plus Ford did not do enough for exclusivity, a bottle top number....

You forgot another Focus RS engined vehicle you drove in once Kate too. wink.gif

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Big Boy Al @ Nov 10 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and how big your danglies are laugh.gif

it comes down to this at the end of the day... i agree..

laugh.gif laugh.gif

there are ways of even'ing out that straight line power difference tho... tongue.gif
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#12 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

I did too Chris, and I forgot I have also driven M2FRP cool.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#13 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

frp is aesthetic, relatively cheap, rare and get's attention with minimal effort

no screaming off the lights, loud music or stupid speeds required

start racing a 'racing' puma against other cars and your in a world of hurt wink.gif
RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

#14 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

frs has independent rear suspension too doesnt it? thats probably a big advantage.

Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#15 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Nov 10 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and I forgot I have also driven M2FRP cool.gif

so the only beast pumas you havent driven are lisa/tobys and mine!! laugh.gif

Wonder if we can get Kate into the Guinness world records for most number of high performance pumas driven?? laugh.gif
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

laugh.gif
I have sat in the LHD Rally Puma while Peter B still had it at Ford biggrin.gif

I think the cream would be to have sat in the FRP Daddy, which maybe Ed might have done

I have sat in Tiggr too biggrin.gif

I have been driven in Beastie around a road Rally stage in Ireland (road legal speeds) cool.gif

I have sat in the last car ever to leave Tickfords wink.gif

#17 User is offline   k18dan 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

you haven't sat in #225 tho wink.gif wink.gif
FRP 225
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Or 137! tongue.gif

#19 User is offline   sm9ai 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

Maybe he got away from me due to my driving skills laugh.gif

Now how much is a nos kit? biggrin.gif (Joke, cannot afford it)

#20 User is offline   shinigami 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (eddie0826 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or 137! tongue.gif

Or 444!

One of only 8 palindromic FRPs!
FRP = Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Owner of FRP #444

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic