Pumapeople: G Max Suspension Opinions Please - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

G Max Suspension Opinions Please

#1 User is offline   adieracer 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

hi just bought a very cheap puma £250 to find out its got a full miltek 300mm brakes rear discs goodridge hoses strut brace etc but suspenders seem a bit soft and it sits a bit high , was looking at just springs and coilovers but not sure i want to spend that amount of money on such a cheap car ,i cameacross some g max shocks and springs on pumabuild site and wondered if anyone has tried these as they fit in the budget trackday car sort of box just wondered so dont be going thinking im being a tight arse ,,
ta adrian

#2 User is offline   d170sam 

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

The only way to get the back lower is with coilovers, all shock / spring combos always leave the rear sitting high, I've got ap coilovers on mine, there pretty good!
to the steel workers of america: keep reaching for that rainbow!

#3 User is online   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

I did mine with just aftermarket springs as a short term bodge and it brought the back down a little.

http://i96.photobuck...09/IMG_6640.jpg

http://rebelmotorspo...tionday_188.jpg

That is how it sat on them.

Now mega low but it did fix how high it was after I stripped some weight out.

#4 User is offline   adieracer 

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

Im not looking for a short term bodge , more like a cost effective improved replacement or are the g max ones just cack and would a budget set of ap coilovers just be better allround .
ta ade

#5 User is online   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

I was meaning to judge the height.

Are the Gmax and AP kits a similar price?

#6 User is offline   adieracer 

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

no the ap coilovers are £420 and the gmax shocks and springs are only £215 i can get the vat back on them as well i suppose , i realy want to know if anyone can give me feed back on the g max as to wether they are worth buying bearing in mind this is a budget car ,not that im being tight but i have three bikes on the go as well two of which are being turned into hillclimbers so im just spreading the cash out between them all at the mo .its funny but ive just realised ive got more money in my sh mountainbike than my puma and that was only £320 my priorities need sorting out ,and my pit bike was £600 makes the little cat a mega bargain..
ta ade

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic