• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Track Day Turbo Puma Finished Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   bouncy 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (3cxjay @ Aug 25 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it actual vct or running on a v-tec setting mate, sorry for the questions!! did it take alot of setting up to run the vct, do you know how many hours in total?

I dont think any aftermarket ecu can run the VCT as Ford does. so basically its run like a V-tec in simple terms. I dont know exactley how long it took Emerald to set the VCT up as I wasnt allowed in the dyno booth (H & S). I do know it did make a huge difference with it connected and to be honest, he did try and explain what they did, but it was late and wanted to get back home.

It took emerald about 3 hrs in total to get me 3 base settings though!!!

#42 User is offline   3cxjay 

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (bouncy @ Aug 25 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think any aftermarket ecu can run the VCT as Ford does. so basically its run like a V-tec in simple terms. I dont know exactley how long it took Emerald to set the VCT up as I wasnt allowed in the dyno booth (H & S). I do know it did make a huge difference with it connected and to be honest, he did try and explain what they did, but it was late and wanted to get back home.

It took emerald about 3 hrs in total to get me 3 base settings though!!!

thanks for the info mate, any chance you could post up your engine spec for me please?
what bhp and torque is it running?

#43 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (3cxjay @ Aug 25 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the info mate, any chance you could post up your engine spec for me please?
what bhp and torque is it running?

Its all in the thread. Are you building one yourself? biggrin.gif

#44 User is offline   3cxjay 

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (bouncy @ Aug 25 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its all in the thread. Are you building one yourself? biggrin.gif

i could'nt be arsed to! not quite, im looking at running an aftermarket management but i wanted to keep the vct running as it does.

#45 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

There's actually quite a few aftermarket ECUs that have the ability to run the VCT properly, such as Motec, Pectel, Bosch, DTA, however they are not exactly cheap wink.gif

Have fun at Elvington - IIRC there are some very long straights followed by tight corners

This post has been edited by Turby: 26 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#46 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Turby @ Aug 26 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's actually quite a few aftermarket ECUs that have the ability to run the VCT properly, such as Motec, Pectel, Bosch, DTA, however they are not exactly cheap wink.gif

Have fun at Elvington - IIRC there are some very long straights followed by tight corners

Hey up Toby, well if someone knows about different ecu's well your the man, You do need to get out more matey!!! biggrin.gif

These ECU's cost more than what a Puma's worth............lol biggrin.gif ,

Have heard I might need gravel tyres for Elvington though!!!! Oh and any info on your injectors would be nice as im going to see about a fabricated rail. Out of interest did you try and match any other ford rail to your head and was there any that you thought..........UUmmm that might fit with a little bit of hammering!!!

comp.gif

This post has been edited by bouncy: 26 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

#47 User is offline   JCDenton 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

I love the front bumper, what is it?

#48 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (JCDenton @ Aug 26 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the front bumper, what is it?

Standard bumper with add on lower ford moulding

#49 User is offline   JCDenton 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

so its from ford, its great! Whats the part number or info? I would love to turbo mine, its just way too much money. Your wheels are nice too!

This post has been edited by JCDenton: 26 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

#50 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (JCDenton @ Aug 26 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so its from ford, its great! Whats the part number or info? I would love to turbo mine, its just way too much money.

Ill get you the part numbers of it tomorrow if you like or unless someones already got it to hand!! ja_cool.gif

This post has been edited by bouncy: 26 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

#51 User is offline   JCDenton 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Great thanks, is it made just for the puma?

#52 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

I would think so, cant see it fitting anything else...... biggrin.gif

#53 User is offline   JCDenton 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

lol oh yeah, the front of the standard puma isnt too bad but the sides and rear need a bodykit. They look really bare.

#54 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (JCDenton @ Aug 26 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol oh yeah, the front of the standard puma isnt too bad but the sides and rear need a bodykit. They look really bare.

To be fair most cars look good with the right bodykit on and some kits can totally ruin the car. The FRP is a gorgeous looking car and dont need anything adding to it, but agree with you with the standard Puma biggrin.gif

#55 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (bouncy @ Aug 26 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey up Toby, well if someone knows about different ecu's well your the man, You do need to get out more matey!!! biggrin.gif

These ECU's cost more than what a Puma's worth............lol biggrin.gif ,

Have heard I might need gravel tyres for Elvington though!!!! Oh and any info on your injectors would be nice as im going to see about a fabricated rail. Out of interest did you try and match any other ford rail to your head and was there any that you thought..........UUmmm that might fit with a little bit of hammering!!!

comp.gif

IMHO you tend to pay for what you get when it comes to the high end ECU's. Think of them as investments, needed to get your project running the way it should as well as being worth strong money secondhand.

re injectors - to be honest I didn't even bother looking - it was simpler to get someone to modify the existing fuel rail and fabricate a fuel rail to suit top feed injectors. The advantage with top feed injectors is that there is significantly more choice than the side feed type. If you do chnage to top feed make sure you match the injector impedance to what the ECU requires.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#56 User is offline   FastFord Neil 

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Interesting read and car.

You won't "need" gravel tyres at Elvington at all.

Why are you running on 95 ron? For day to day running costs? Looks a good engine but, and i am not having a dig. Seems to be low on power for the boost you are running. Is there more to come??

Emerald are ok, i run a K3 on my Turbo and they gets nothing but abuse everytime i turn the key. Dave Walker is good at mapping, well, you'd hope so, seeing as its hus product. :-)

Cool little project either way

#57 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (bouncy @ Aug 26 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill get you the part numbers of it tomorrow if you like or unless someones already got it to hand!! ja_cool.gif

Tell a lie its a MS Design lower splitter and full kit. The spoiler is Ford!!!

Heres a link to it.
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=181

QUOTE (Turby @ Aug 27 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMHO you tend to pay for what you get when it comes to the high end ECU's. Think of them as investments, needed to get your project running the way it should as well as being worth strong money secondhand.

re injectors - to be honest I didn't even bother looking - it was simpler to get someone to modify the existing fuel rail and fabricate a fuel rail to suit top feed injectors. The advantage with top feed injectors is that there is significantly more choice than the side feed type. If you do chnage to top feed make sure you match the injector impedance to what the ECU requires.

Ahhh!! people with money!!!! biggrin.gif

#58 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (FastFord Neil @ Aug 27 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting read and car.

You won't "need" gravel tyres at Elvington at all.

Why are you running on 95 ron? For day to day running costs? Looks a good engine but, and i am not having a dig. Seems to be low on power for the boost you are running. Is there more to come??

Emerald are ok, i run a K3 on my Turbo and they gets nothing but abuse everytime i turn the key. Dave Walker is good at mapping, well, you'd hope so, seeing as its hus product. :-)

Cool little project either way

Hi Matey, running on Gravel Tyres was just a micky take..........

The car was set up on 95 ron for safe det and running low boost for engine safety reasons. Me thinks 190lbs torque aint bad for low boost and delivers it where i want it,car now running on v-power and charge cooler connected and power much better. When its run in and new injector set up sourced,then its back down to Emerald for play. I think there is quite a bit more to get from this motor and would be quite interesting to see what it can do, but at what cost!!!!

#59 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I got the bonnet back today all nicely painted,

Total cost of Fibre glass bonnet, cossie vents, paintwork £70.00

Good old Ebay

Now just got to try and fit it!!!! blush.gif

#60 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

you eventually painting the rest of the car black?? ja_stupid.gif ja_stupid.gif

Be interested to know what it wieghs. Who made the bonnet??
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic