Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ShawSpeedDan 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hi there,

I'm Dan, currently living in Preston. We are considering a building a puma race car so thought we would pop on here and see what the situation is.

Used to own a Puma and a Fiesta a few years back.

You may have heard of ShawSpeed before but I don't think we've really had much presence on here, more on ZSOC and various rally forums.

Anyway, nice site, looks great and very informative.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hi
The UK Puma Cup series has been great to follow this year, is that the series you are thinking of doing?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   ShawSpeedDan 

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Yes that is correct. Looks a good series.

#4 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Might see you at Castle Combe circuit at some point then Dan :)
I only do trackdays as my Evo rear spoiler and the Nitrous Oxide system is frowned upon in sprints etc.

Posted Image
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

Have you seen the Ford Puma UK Cup regs ? Mods are tightly regulated on what you can and cant do, eg engines must remain standard. Its a great series with lots of close racing, they run alongside CSCC usually as part of the Tin Tops series. If you want to modify further then the cars are eligible for Tin Tops in their own right where mods are more or less free (again see CSCC Tin Tops Regs).
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#6 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

The day when we can fill a complete grid with puma race cars is getting closer :-)
There are only two sports racing and bull fighting, the rest are just games

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

From a purely by stander comment I am loving the graphics on the Pumas in this series.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   ShawSpeedDan 

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostTurby, on 10 December 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Have you seen the Ford Puma UK Cup regs ? Mods are tightly regulated on what you can and cant do, eg engines must remain standard. Its a great series with lots of close racing, they run alongside CSCC usually as part of the Tin Tops series. If you want to modify further then the cars are eligible for Tin Tops in their own right where mods are more or less free (again see CSCC Tin Tops Regs).

Hi Turby,

Yes read the regs, completely fine with them to be honest. Competition prep is mostly what we're involved in these days so it's nice to be able to build a nicely prepared vehicle without needing to spend a fortune :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic