Pumapeople: Tires ? - Pumapeople

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tires ?

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 11:33 AM

I wouldn't notice balancing problems (even if I crashed) - I'm not that hardcore a driver...

You'll know if the balancing is out as soon as you drive at about 60+ mph, you will get vibration through the steering wheel.

Phew - looks like I'm OK then...

#42 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2003 - 01:58 PM

You'll know if the balancing is out as soon as you drive at about 60+ mph, you will get vibration through the steering wheel.

Not always true - it could be a worn CV joint, mud on inside of the wheel, a bit of dirt between the disc and hub mating surfaces, etc... I'll let you know when I find mine! all 4 wheels/tyres are balanced to within 5gm, checked to 2 machines and I still get vibration!

#43 User is offline   the great branko 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:47 AM

Anyone experienced Yokohama a359's ?

What do you think of them ?

#44 User is offline   toibs 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:29 AM

Anyone whose been running the Toyo proxies fancy telling us what the wear on them is like?? Like the sound of them, and the fact they've been recommended by lots of people, but anyone give me a clue as to roughly how far they're good for??

Also, on the standard puma alloys, whats the largest tyre they can take??

Ta

Paul
1998/R 1.7 Zetec SE-VCT

#45 User is offline   OsMoSiS 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 12:25 PM

I suggest Bridgestone S-03, great on wet and dry 8)

#46 User is offline   toibs 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 01:46 PM

Anyone whose been running the Toyo proxies fancy telling us what the wear on them is like?? Like the sound of them, and the fact they've been recommended by lots of people, but anyone give me a clue as to roughly how far they're good for??

Ta

Paul

Heh... don't worry. Checked the state of my current tyres, and decided i'd better get a couple of these ordered pronto!!

Paul
1998/R 1.7 Zetec SE-VCT

#47 Guest_lesinge2k_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:29 PM

Not always true - it could be a worn CV joint, mud on inside of the wheel, a bit of dirt between the disc and hub mating surfaces, etc... I'll let you know when I find mine! all 4 wheels/tyres are balanced to within 5gm, checked to 2 machines and I still get vibration!

I was having similar troubles. Could be a bent alloy!

#48 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 22 March 2003 - 11:37 PM

Ta

Paul

Sorry missed this one, had my Toyo's on the front of my FRP for 10,000 miles now, need changing soon as they are at the 2mm wear bar, these were used on 2 sprints too, so not sure if that scrubbed a bit off them?!
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic