Pumapeople: Still Running - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Still Running We need an optimistic post

#1 User is offline   Pinhead 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2022 - 06:01 PM

So this weekend I'm cutting another bit of rust out (of the driver side door this time where water now seems to leak into), however she's done 176K and still happy and lively otherwise. Still pulls to the left but no biggie and (at a distance where you can't see all the bodywork patches on the arches etc), still looks unique and special amongst today's near identical cars. Long live the Ford Puma original!

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 September 2022 - 10:08 AM

That's great to read and they still look good today, quite a compact car when you look around and the boot is quite generous really and I love the unfussy dash and facia.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Pinhead 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:44 PM

Looking at a new one - a mark 3 02 reg really - was there a rev limiter fitted to these late models?

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 18 April 2023 - 04:20 PM

hi, the Puma 1.7 had limits to all models though the level changed slightly through them getting slightly slower, I couldn't lay me hands on the exact specifics of limit level though this effected ignition retardation from memory the actual rev limit was the same. Can't comment on the 1.4 or 1.6
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic