Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where's The Pcv Valve Located Please?

#1 User is offline   PUMABABE 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi there,

The Puma is using a little bit too much oil at the mo', and I would like to check that the PCV Valve is not blocked.
Could anyone tell me exactly where it is located on the Zetec se 1.4 engine, and secondly - is it a threaded valve, or simply pull out removal job?

Thanks very much.

#2 User is offline   voo 

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (PUMABABE @ Jan 6 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

The Puma is using a little bit too much oil at the mo', and I would like to check that the PCV Valve is not blocked.
Could anyone tell me exactly where it is located on the Zetec se 1.4 engine, and secondly - is it a threaded valve, or simply pull out removal job?

Thanks very much.

its just behind the idle speed control valve inside the inlet manifold's curve. its a push in valve in the top right hand corner of a black box bolted to the block by 7 bolts. sorry very difficult to describe but i've no pictures.

#3 User is offline   PUMABABE 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (voo @ Jan 6 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its just behind the idle speed control valve inside the inlet manifold's curve. its a push in valve in the top right hand corner of a black box bolted to the block by 7 bolts. sorry very difficult to describe but i've no pictures.

Thanks very much, that one is the only valve my b/f could see - it has black hose that connects via a 't' section to 2 inlets in the top of the inlet manifold. Was hoping that wasn't it because he says it looks v. difficult to get to and remove!
Thanks again.

#4 User is offline   Dom36 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

I let Ford sort mine out...about £50

PSN Gamertag ... 75 pixels too high to be posted :(

GtAce36 Gamertag

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic