• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Front Fogs

#1 User is offline   chestnutree 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Just some advice please on getting some front fogs lights.

Do some Puma's come with them fitted at the factory? This way i can tell the insurance ppl it came with them? smile.gif

Are they expensive or easy to fit? any advice on where to get them or have anything u cud share with me in general if i'm thinking of getting some fitted?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

(U KNOW IT WOULD BE SO COOL WITH FRONT FOGS!! SUPRISED MINE DIDN'T COME WITH THEM!)

#2 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

No pumas come factory fitted with these lights

Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#3 User is offline   mgreeny007 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (JHT1888 @ Jan 13 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No pumas come factory fitted with these lights

Errr yes they do lol

#4 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

Ok then

Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#5 User is offline   mgreeny007 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (JHT1888 @ Jan 13 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok then

Man!!! how rude did i just sound then....sorry m8 didnt mean to come out like that.

I have seen Puma's with original fogs at the front but im not sure when they become an option, i havent seen any on EBay so im guessing you'll have to order them from Ford which is probably going to be VERY expensive. Why dont you just put some after market ones on, you dont need to tell the insurance company about them surely?

#6 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

I bought mines like that tongue.gif *eh hem*

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   chestnutree 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Yea the annoying thing is, anything like that they use to bump up your premium.

On an astra SXI, replace the EXISITING(so not added any holes) tail lights with some lexus style ones. This added nearly £300 to the insurance cost!!!!how daft is that??

If original ones made for the puma are expensive. Any advice on where to get some others that look good on the Puma and how much it would cost to get them fitted? They should all come with them i think they look silly without. The sort of car that just has to have them at the bottom there!

#8 User is offline   expatscot 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

Just to chip in with a totally unasked for 2 cents worth.....

Personally I have never really found the front fogs - on the normal, average car - any real use whatsoever.....
obviously you dont have full beam on*, but just the normal headlights (though with some better bulbs) works just fine. Have to get better, brighter bulbs though - the standard dipped beam on the Puma is totally inadequate.

Are you wanting the foglights for actual 'foggy functioning'? - or just the visual aspect? If the latter that would (sadly) potentially put you amongst the ranks of brain-dead that drive around with fog-lights on when they are not needed. wink.gif

*Although there are a surprising number of people that dont seem to know this and seem to persist in trying to drive in fog with full beams!! How can they not notice the glare just reflects straight back at them...?

This post has been edited by expatscot: 13 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

#9 User is offline   TheRave 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (expatscot @ Jan 13 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you wanting the foglights for actual 'foggy functioning'? - or just the visual aspect? If the latter that would (sadly) potentially put you amongst the ranks of brain-dead that drive around with fog-lights on when they are not needed. wink.gif

Also, isn't driving with fog lights on for no reason actually illegal? Something about causing necessary glare or something.

#10 User is offline   gees 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Just bought a puma question; my lights are c**p what brighter bulbs can i get ?

This post has been edited by gees: 13 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

#11 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (mgreeny007 @ Jan 13 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Errr yes they do lol

Really. Have you got a pic of them then?

If you are thinking of these, they are after-market fitment:

This post has been edited by YOG: 13 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   expatscot 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (gees @ Jan 13 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a host of different companies, bulbs, types with various price tags. All have been covered comprehensively before, so best bet is to ........

Use "Search" and put in headlight bulbs (or some such) and read through the results.

#13 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

the Puma never came with front fog lights, it was never an option
smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#14 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (gees @ Jan 13 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

get your lights properly adjusted, by someone who knows what they are doing.
Most Pumas left the factory with this problem.

Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#15 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (YOG @ Jan 13 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really. Have you got a pic of them then?

If you are thinking of these, they are after-market fitment:

Think thats what he did mean, thats what I meant anyway
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (TheRave @ Jan 13 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, isn't driving with fog lights on for no reason actually illegal? Something about causing necessary glare or something.

Yes, it is illegal. I'm p155ed off with being dazzled by them driving home from work every night.
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#17 User is offline   shyann 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:24 AM

I think that the fog lights are called Lester lights [about £100+ £115], there was a thread about them on here.
When I bought my R reg Puma in May '08, mine already had them fitted into the grill, but they aren't connected up. If you look on the London Sightseeing Meet on 3rd Jan you can see them in at least one of the pictures. My Melina blue Kat's reg R 447 KJK.

Ann

#18 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (chestnutree @ Jan 13 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On an astra SXI, replace the EXISITING(so not added any holes) tail lights with some lexus style ones. This added nearly £300 to the insurance cost!!!!how daft is that??

I dont mean to be rude but every CHAV/NED boy racer in the country has fitted lexus style lights and hence why the premiumhas gone up so much as your now lumped in with the idiots crashing all over the place. Think of all the basic spec 3 door astras being crashed through dangerous driving by idiots, and youll find 90% of them have lexus style lights, the rest have white or smoked lights that are done too far that they are illegal!! As insurance goes on statistics this will be why your premiums high. Also lights being a safety device too your messing with safety equipment. Youd probably find its cheaper to bodykit a car than put different lights on. Might also be your with the wrong kind of insurer.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   chestnutree 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (expatscot @ Jan 13 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to chip in with a totally unasked for 2 cents worth.....

Personally I have never really found the front fogs - on the normal, average car - any real use whatsoever.....
obviously you dont have full beam on*, but just the normal headlights (though with some better bulbs) works just fine. Have to get better, brighter bulbs though - the standard dipped beam on the Puma is totally inadequate.

*Although there are a surprising number of people that dont seem to know this and seem to persist in trying to drive in fog with full beams!! How can they not notice the glare just reflects straight back at them...?

i do like the look of cars with them, i think it would look better, but i don't drive around with them turned on when it's not foggy.

Down roads with no street lights, when i had the astra, i found it hard to see in thick fog with normal lights, full beam just made it 10x worse for some reason, but then when i turned on the fogs i personally thought it made a huge difference in how much i could see. So i really want them not only for the look but from a safety point of view.

But no.......i don't drive around with front fogs turned on on a normal day,lol. yes it is illegal also.

#20 User is offline   expatscot 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

^

As I put in my post the Full Beam is up and brighter and the glare reflects off the fog straight back at your eyes and you cant see a damn thing.... dipped are, well, dipped and I think its self explanatory why they are better than Full in fog.

But still see quite a few Muppets crawling along the road with Full beam on, oblivious to the fact that if they dipped them they would see better and be able to move a little faster.

This post has been edited by expatscot: 14 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked