Pumapeople: Good Afternoon All! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good Afternoon All! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Minigilly 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Hello all, My name is Paul. And I have finally finally purchased my own Puma. Many years ago I got to drive one that the company I then worked for took in part exchange and so have known for a long time how good they are. But never quite got around to buying my own. Until now!

So, a standard 2001 1.7 in Steel Blue. Just the ticket!

And so now, gradually, I hope to bring it back to a fine condition being that there are a good few bit's and bob's that could do with some tlc. Not to mention the obvious places that suffer from rust (which appear to be not too bad at all thankfully) and so from time to time I'll be bending your ears no doubt! But will of course use the search and help areas first!

Anyway, just a quick one to start some chat (and forgive me not searching this one!!) but there was no remote key. Just the valet key and a single black key. What is the best/cheapest way to get a remote key that perhaps I could tune in myself? Or does it require plugging in?

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

All the best,
Paul

ps, I've no home internet at present so reply's may be delayed.

#2 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hello Paul, welcome to the forum. The Medium Steel Blue ones seem to resist rust better than most Pumas. My own is rust free and has never required any welding.

This post has been edited by Y0ungn1ck: 25 September 2016 - 03:23 PM

2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hi
Unfortunately with only one key that starts the car you will need to use someone else to program a new key. The wiki covers keys two and three button.
Cheapest method is getting a none remote key programmed then once you have two that start the car you can program your own third and subsequent keys.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic