Pumapeople: Almost 18 - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Almost 18 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kittykat68 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Well, this year I put my X reg (2000) Puma in a month early for her MOT and I'm very glad I did. My mechanic went over her before she went and he said she needed some welding underneath but the more he looked there were more holes than a colander!
She ended up having the floor replaced. She has passed with flying colours :)
I'm trying to convince him to restore her properly as he's said I'll only have another 3 years at the most :(
We checked how many Pumas (like mine, the green 1.7) are left on the road and there's only 7000. A big drop from 2 years previous when there were about 13,000.
He said that if there's only 1000 left in 3 years, he'll restore her but I've to help him and find new sills and floor.
She's 18 next year and I'm determined she sees her 21st!
I don't want to see another Puma cull.

#2 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

Good luck with preserving your Puma. Mine is a year younger but in very good shape, thank goodness !
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#3 User is offline   muzboy 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Our view is that even if we spend a bit on an MOT ever other year (our biggest being £400 on welding and new rear shocks) its still better value than trying to get a replacement car worth having.....

#4 User is offline   kittykat68 

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

Thanks guys and yes, I'm of the same mind, spend what's needed and it's still cheaper than buying another car. To be fair, mine owes me nothing. What ever I've spent, I've gotten back 3 fold. Just don't want to lose her. I've owned her for 10 years now. I'm emotionally attached!! 😍

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic