Pumapeople: Frp Ownership - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Ownership bad weekend

#1 User is offline   FRPtom 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Had my car booked in at PB on friday for a full set of powerflex bushes and a new drivers side arch liner. Then had it booked in up the road for a 4 wheel lazer alignment session.

Arrived at PB at 10 had the bushes fitted all is going well.

My arch liner gets delivered but we soon descover that ford have sent a passanger side not a drivers side. No big deal just means it has to be reordered.

Take the car for its alignment session one small problem showed up but not a big deal. A few adjustments made and the car was in spec.

Head off home about 5:20 the car seams alot nicer to drive but spent most of my time sitting in traffic. Then disaster struck pulled away from a set of lights and turned right hit a bump in the road and snapped a drive shaft!!!

Got straight back on the phone to alan at PB who luckly was still there at 6:10, he sent a tow truck to take the car straight to him. I went to the closest pub!

Got a call from alan on satarday afternoon letting me know the car was fixed. Was supprised that it got done so quickly.
Phoned a mate for a lift to get the car only to find when i get there that the tow truck people have put a nice big scratch on my front bumper!!

Was well p****d off by this point, drove the car home and went to the pub to sulk!

Big thanks to alan and everyone at PB for rescuing me when i was stranded and for fixing the car in record time!

Big 2 fingers up to the tow truck people!

#2 User is offline   Dan 

• View gallery

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

That's bad luck sad.gif

My driveshaft snapped on 351 and I had to get it towed to PB. The guy they sent was really good and took a lot of care (but he was their 2nd, more expensive, choice)

#3 User is offline   Mountain Lion 

• View gallery

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

Bad luck with the drive shaft. Were you accelerating hard when it went?
I've heard that they're most likely to go when you're giving it some wellie and turning at the same time.

(the beauty of mathematics)

#4 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

have a word with Alan....

i'm sure the recovery people he uses are right next door to him.... and they've recovered dozens of FRP's before...

should not be happening..

7.gif
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#5 User is offline   glover 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

id attempt to get some money from them towards sorting the scratch...

driveshafts are most likely the go when cornering as the power is put through one wheel, also naturally the more your accelerating the more strain on driveshaft
Ford Puma 1.7 2002
maybe one day ill understand women ...... actually, on second thoughts.......

Glover - tells it how it is...there is only one opinion thats right, and its mine

#6 User is offline   FRPtom 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

Think it was the people from next to PB they are paying for it to be sorted but its just finding time.

I was accelerating and turning right at the time but i think the bump in the road sealed the deal. It was the right hand drive shaft that went.

#7 User is offline   ally frp364 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

Is there not such a thing as an uprated driveshaft. Its not a nice thought when it's just an accident waiting to happen and considering ive done 45,000miles, i'm on the original shafts. Maybe it's just as well ford didn't put anymore than 152bhp in frp!

#8 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (ally frp364 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there not such a thing as an uprated driveshaft. Its not a nice thought when it's just an accident waiting to happen and considering ive done 45,000miles, i'm on the original shafts. Maybe it's just as well ford didn't put anymore than 152bhp in frp!

jeez, i've done 90k on my shafts

don't burn it off lights though...
RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

#9 User is offline   FRPtom 

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Oh and to top it all off ive just had to have the drivers side rear wheel bearing replaced!

Big thanks to PB.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic