Pumapeople: Naw Goin Wurth A - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Naw Goin Wurth A power drops off floor it and it hesitates and clears and i smile again Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jimmyboy 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

owned my blue kat 4r 18 month slammed , big wheels poli bushes all round its a gokart , biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .last couple of weeks it has been running like a coo . driving the kat it loses power as if it is running out of petrol with the odd backfire out of the straight through pipe . i have changed the fuel fillter and cleaned the throttle body and i feel it is getting worse. . . . ranting2.gif .when its in this mode i find if i floor it it slowly clears and off we go again . . . in time bhaaw.gif , dont want 2 replace every electrical device on the car just the one thats givin me grief .anybody had this problem before and found an absolute cure ? ? ? 10.gif

This post has been edited by jimmyboy: 13 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

#2 User is offline   Dom36 

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

Not sure about the car, but a spell check may be a cure for your post

Welcome btw smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dom36: 13 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

PSN Gamertag ... 75 pixels too high to be posted :(

GtAce36 Gamertag

#3 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Dom36 @ Jul 13 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure about the car, but a spell check may be a cure for your post

Welcome btw smile.gif

ats naw ma spelin its gowt i problum dom l o l laugh.gif

#4 User is offline   myweepuma 

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

ja_stupid.gif it's like my sisters crypted texts i can't understand them either lol
my toys! Black 1998 1.7 Silver 1999 1.4

#5 User is offline   Dom36 

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

I think he's owned his cat for 4 years and 18 months, he's slammed it? (with a hammer or something?) he's got some pretty big wheels on it, some bushes from Poland (Polish/Poli) I can see the resemblance to a go-kart here!! Then something to do with a seagull with a "coo" noise. Looks like the main problem is a hesitating car, and the exhausts making some odd noise (and just for good measure he's let us know it won't pass its MOT, as he has a De-CAT.) Although he has cleaned the fuel filter and throttle body it hasn't helped, and if anything this mode is getting worse. When he floors it, the car stops hesitating as overtime this mode slips away...

The second post...well I've truly no idea, he did mention my name though?!

I can only guess you are writing like this on purpose as in the topic: Puma Over Heating, you gave a very helpful answer smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dom36: 13 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

GtAce36 Gamertag

#6 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Dom36 @ Jul 14 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he's owned his cat for 4 years and 18 months, he's slammed it? (with a hammer or something?) he's got some pretty big wheels on it, some bushes from Poland (Polish/Poli) I can see the resemblance to a go-kart here!! Then something to do with a seagull with a "coo" noise. Looks like the main problem is a hesitating car, and the exhausts making some odd noise (and just for good measure he's let us know it won't pass its MOT, as he has a De-CAT.) Although he has cleaned the fuel filter and throttle body it hasn't helped, and if anything this mode is getting worse. When he floors it, the car stops hesitating as overtime this mode slips away...

The second post...well I've truly no idea, he did mention my name though?!

I can only guess you are writing like this on purpose as in the topic: Puma Over Heating, you gave a very helpful answer smile.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif comediens a love em ! had the de cat for one year and re fit standard cat pipe for mot and passes every time . poli as an abreviation of polyurathane , pretty expensive wheels , slammed as in lowerd 40 mm with gas stuts ,gokart as it goes around corners pretty quick and in england you would know it to be a cow in SCOTLAND its a coo and you dont clean a fuel filter you throw it away as they only cost four pounds . . . now IF YOU DONT HAVE SENSIBLE INPUT . . .WELL bleh.gif

#7 User is offline   Dom36 

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

lol its all light hearted banter tongue.gif
I've done most of the mods you have, bushes, alloys, lowered, plus a few more smile.gif I hope someone can sort your problem out though, as I don't want you to have a bad experience with a Puma sad.gif

ps. lol at the coo, regional dialect, and there's me thinking it was a spelling mistake wink.gif

GtAce36 Gamertag

#8 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

Had similar problems. The car was hesitating and when I floored it there was a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds until it reacted. Got it checked by Ford and the result was a broken Lambda-sensor. Changed it for a new one (did not buy it from Ford as they want a fortune for it) and everything was fine.
Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

#9 User is offline   simianbenzoate 

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (baxxter @ Jul 14 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had similar problems. The car was hesitating and when I floored it there was a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds until it reacted. Got it checked by Ford and the result was a broken Lambda-sensor. Changed it for a new one (did not buy it from Ford as they want a fortune for it) and everything was fine.

Has the same problem with the VW, may also manifest itself as unstable idle-revs...new lambda sensor sorted that.

#10 User is offline   280Turbo 

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (simianbenzoate @ Jul 14 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has the same problem with the VW, may also manifest itself as unstable idle-revs...new lambda sensor sorted that.

Lambda sensors are pretty much a service schedule item on VWs aren't they?

I have a mate in the trade who buys VWs (& Audis) that have been traded in because they drove like a sack of spuds on a rollerskate, only to change the lambda sensor and away it goes!

#11 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Dom36 @ Jul 14 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol its all light hearted banter tongue.gif
I've done most of the mods you have, bushes, alloys, lowered, plus a few more smile.gif I hope someone can sort your problem out though, as I don't want you to have a bad experience with a Puma sad.gif

ps. lol at the coo, regional dialect, and there's me thinking it was a spelling mistake wink.gif

biggrin.gif nae probs big man a kin dae the banter biggrin.gif am just throwin oot the prob tae aw you guys who huv wore the t-shirt . . . i am a h.g.v. mechanic for around 26 years huh.gif and scottish so pardon the pun tongue.gif . am a bit old school were it comes tae cars , capri 280 , xr 4x4 2.8 , rs turbo etc all this modern managment stuff and bein a tight fisted git that i am dont want to go and pay our local arnold clark to get some wee spotty faced wanybe in to ma KAT and THINK HES FOUND THE PROBLEM know what i mean ? taking it out for a thrash mad.gif . . . after work tonight i removed the airflow meter and it was manky so i sprayed it with brake cleaner and what a difference , some other guys on here are saying the oxygen sensor , well running rich will soot up the lambder so guess what am dain the mora night ? minted sit and many thanks to all who replyed to my prob if i can help any one i most certainly will an iz ma spelin at bad ? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif lol

#12 User is offline   myweepuma 

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

roflmao.gif

as i read your post in yer scottish banter i keep thinking of a big ginger scottish guy with a kilt and a set of bagpipes under his arm for some unknown reason lol

#13 User is offline   Tjspumazetec 

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

[quote name='myweepuma' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:28 AM' post='846916']
roflmao.gif

as i read your post in yer scottish banter i keep thinking of a big ginger scottish guy with a kilt and a set of bagpipes under his arm for some unknown reason lol
[/quote

haha cant quite beat the scottish banter, seeing a few more posts from the scottish side o the border, which is cool, we might arrange a wee road trip down to see our fellow british pumaclubbers on the udder side lol
tamara jayne strang

#14 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

That would be good when you going to arrange it ?
Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#15 User is offline   simianbenzoate 

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (280Turbo @ Jul 14 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lambda sensors are pretty much a service schedule item on VWs aren't they?

I have a mate in the trade who buys VWs (& Audis) that have been traded in because they drove like a sack of spuds on a rollerskate, only to change the lambda sensor and away it goes!

yeah that's why i got mine so cheap, they guy was saying it would probably need a lot of work but in the end that's all it was...then i could unleash the full fury of the 60BHPs! rolleyes.gif

#16 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (myweepuma @ Jul 15 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
roflmao.gif

have we met ? just for a second there a thought you knew me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (simianbenzoate @ Jul 16 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah that's why i got mine so cheap, they guy was saying it would probably need a lot of work but in the end that's all it was...then i could unleash the full fury of the 60BHPs! rolleyes.gif

if you dont have 125 bhp bud its goni be a long day for you ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by jimmyboy: 16 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

#17 User is offline   myweepuma 

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

roflmao.gif

well yer no that far away i might jist bump into you

#18 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (myweepuma @ Jul 16 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
roflmao.gif

well yer no that far away i might jist bump into you

some weekends a go to the city for the traffic light grand prix biggrin.gif noise up wans wi mere expesive metal . . . malina blue r379 thh if yi see mi giz a shout cool.gif

#19 User is offline   myweepuma 

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:46 AM

well i habe a black R reg and a silver T reg both have pumapeople.com on the rear windows so ye kin toot if ye see me tae!

#20 User is offline   jimmyboy 

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

right i took it and got the codes read at the weekend and nothing showed up , now this guy has been an auto spark for a hundred years or more ja_cool.gif so he told me that the only thing that wont show up is the fuel pump , so i put it up on the ramp and had a look and just above the rear beam there is a plastic covered box thingy now i am led to believe that the fuel pump is an in tank so is this thing the accumulator ? because if i grab it and shake it when the car is running the motor starts to run like a bag of shi7e . . . . the rain came on and had to abort the investigation then came monday and work mad.gif so another week of my kat running like this i am so pissed off any body been here ? any help any input ? HELP 10.gif

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic