Pumapeople: Where Is The Diagnostics Plug In? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where Is The Diagnostics Plug In?

#1 User is offline   ladypenelope7 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this question but it is very basic. I have had a search but nothing has answered my question. Where is the access to plug in a diagnostic tool? We have never used one before.
Thankyou

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

on a RHD passenger foot well down the bottom near the door behind a peice of carpet that folds out
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

Do you mean where is the OBD II connector?
http://www.projectpu...php?f=51&t=7082
Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ladypenelope7 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Thank you for the replies. We bought a code reader off the internet which suggested it would read Ford codes from 1996 but although it says my car has one fault it will not tell me what it is, just N/A 01/01, suggesting that my car is not supported. Mine was manufactured in Cologne in September 2000.
Can anyone suggest a reader that will work? Obviously people have read the fault codes but maybe you are using more expensive gadgets? I did look at the Torque option to use with my android tablet, but went with this other one. I can't find a sticker under the bonnet that says OBD or anything else is supported but it does have the connector.
Any advice gratefully received. Car was working perfectly before we went away for a week, and have now come back with stinking colds and the car is playing up. :o(

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

Do you have an Android phone?
I use a bluetooth port reader and Torque Pro application on my Android device to direct read. Works out fairly cheap.
Application here
I have a more expensive Autel reader as well and that works on my 2000 Puma.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   ladypenelope7 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for that info. I sort of wanted to go that way but hubbie is anti-computer and neither of us are techie and so he won. Maybe I need to take another look.
Car was fine before we went away, we've come back coughing and spluttering and so has she. It's very strange.
Thanks

View Posthappy-kat, on 08 February 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Do you have an Android phone?
I use a bluetooth port reader and Torque Pro application on my Android device to direct read. Works out fairly cheap.
Application here
I have a more expensive Autel reader as well and that works on my 2000 Puma.

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

Has the passenger footwell got wet when you were away?
Just wondering if a really heavy downpour of water has got into the electrics somewhere and the wiring gromment just by the fuse box in engine bay bulk head can leak water down onto the ECU.
Gosh this has not been something I have thought about for a very very long time but it just occured to me.

#8 User is offline   ladypenelope7 

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

Hi Happy-Kat,

Thanks, No problem with wetness but good to know for if ever it was a problem. Bought a bluetooth reader and it says misfire in cylinder 4, so fitted new leads and swapped the spark plugs to eliminate plug as a problem so hope it is just a sticky injector. However hubbie too ill and weather too foul to look at that today. Had hoped to go to local scrapyard today to get one out of a puma. Is it damaging to my catalytic converter to drive the car like that do you think?

View Posthappy-kat, on 08 February 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Has the passenger footwell got wet when you were away?
Just wondering if a really heavy downpour of water has got into the electrics somewhere and the wiring gromment just by the fuse box in engine bay bulk head can leak water down onto the ECU.
Gosh this has not been something I have thought about for a very very long time but it just occured to me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic