Pumapeople: Another Cam Belt Question - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Cam Belt Question Do you just buy the belt or is there a kit you can get?? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aintgottime 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hi all,

Been on the phone to a garage this morning about changing the cam belt who went on about buying a kit when it came to changing the cam belt as other things would need doing as well. Does any one know what they are going on about?

#2 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

there is a ford cambelt kit which you need plus it is usually worth changing the auxiliary belt as well

are you thinking of chamging it yourself???
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

#3 User is offline   aintgottime 

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

No I just need to get the parts and then I know some one who will then do it for me for several beers. But I get discount on Ford parts so just wondered what it was I would need to buy

#4 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13895

try this
sex kitten

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

#5 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

make sure you get the kit- this will allow you to change the cambelt tensioner- as this is the weakest part and will more than likely fail before the belt does.

As SK suggests- change the auxiliary belt as you have to remove it anyways.

#6 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

also make sure your friend has done a few before - i dont think it's the easiest job in the world
sex kitten

#7 User is offline   aintgottime 

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

He's a mechanic who has always done my cars (use to be the army and do tanks and stuff) never had any problems with his work. Are you able to just buy the kits and aux belt from any fords?

#8 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

yep - or you could try pb or ps - ah but you get discount at fords -
sex kitten

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

the 1.7 is trickier to change due to the VCT/timing. He will probably have fun wink.gif and curse he is only charging you a few beers....
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#10 User is offline   aintgottime 

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

He looked at it last night looked at me looked at it again and then told me he didn't have a spare 3-4 hours to get it done soon so I'm having to go through a garage now. Would you recommend any garage are purely just a ford one?

#11 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

Tel us where you are, EG: fill in your location, and we can point you in the right direction, failing that, lok in the Dealers praise/woes section on the homepage.
You need a Ford kit, not a Ford garage, but a 1.7 locking tool, and the fact that they've done at least 1 before will help.
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic