Pumapeople: Dtc P1381 Over Timmed - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dtc P1381 Over Timmed P1381 Variable Cam Timing Overadvanced (Bank #1)

#1 User is offline   mark_puma 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

im stuck i had my car serviced and new cam belt and all the other bits ...

But its comes up with this code saying over advanced timing

P1381 Variable Cam Timing Overadvanced (Bank #1)

i asked in garage and they said sorry and would sort but they redid timing and still drive bad and has same code and they dont know why and i looked on line and have looked thought auto data and that didnt help how do you get it sorted they said they would sort it if we can find what they done wrong .And yes it the first puma they have done

please please some one help i live in ashford kent and i cant find any one close that could help .

#2 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (mark_puma @ Aug 17 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im stuck i had my car serviced and new cam belt and all the other bits ...

But its comes up with this code saying over advanced timing

P1381 Variable Cam Timing Overadvanced (Bank #1)

i asked in garage and they said sorry and would sort but they redid timing and still drive bad and has same code and they dont know why and i looked on line and have looked thought auto data and that didnt help how do you get it sorted they said they would sort it if we can find what they done wrong .And yes it the first puma they have done
please please some one help i live in ashford kent and i cant find any one close that could help .

Could be incorrect timing but could also be damaged VCT pulley or Bush

Would need to see car to get answer correct

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

I did a search on P1381 and found these two posts
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showto...58&hl=P1381

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showto...84&hl=P1381

good luck smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   mark_puma 

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

The garage have taken car to Ford (who found out straight away what it was).. It was the cam gear that was busted up - so exhaust gas was going up the inlet somehow. About £500 squid to do but under warrenty so not my problem. (bet they wish they'd given me the money to give to Pumabuild instead of trying to do it cheaper themselves!) Hopefully, on Friday I will have a smile as broad as the rest of you guys and gals. Thanks for all the help everyone by the way.
quoted from wazhead

this sounds very much like whats happend as mine sounds loud from air fllter like really loud noise ..not like mine was really quiet with a race manafould and other race bits ..but she wont pull past 5000 with out trouble and motorway just not worth going on ..could it have been damaged when cam belt was done as i was fine before and just went in for cambelt and service ..and had a new clutch and breaks ...hope it is the answer and i have changed air flow meater crank sencer oxegen sencor and cat so my service and cluch and breaks have kinda made a huge dent in my bank balance ..

alan i will give you a ring tommrow for a chat and hope you can shead more light on my puma night mare ..

#5 User is offline   mark_puma 

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

tried earthing solinoid that made engine chnage not and alternator work harder ..but eath wire on plug is very week would that be reason dont work ..??

#6 Guest_jacko_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

i had a similar problem with an old fiesta

exhaust valve wasnt opening at all!!! the gas was blowing across the head gasket into another cylinder & out of the inlet!!!!!

conclusion - make sure your head gasket is ok before they give you the car back!!!

#7 User is offline   mark_puma 

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

all the valves are oening just the timeing to far advanced all the time vct does not move when engine needs it to ..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic