Pumapeople: Some F*k3rs Broken Into My Car. - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some F*k3rs Broken Into My Car. Need replacement windows before FordFair!

#1 User is offline   yellow puma 

• View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

Got back to my car this evening at 21:00 to find some thieving idiot has broken my windows in a bid to steal......... a tom-tom window arm (and broken it in the process) 7.gif 7.gif . Thank fully there was nothing in the car to steal and i had my gear-lock engaged.

So the question is now, how do I get replacement windows and have them fitted before Sunday? sad.gif

Any suggestions or recommendations would be most helpful.

Its my intention to phone the local ford dealers @ 08:00 tomorrow and see if they can have the windows replaced before Sunday.

#2 Guest_darrenspalmer_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

Autoglass should come round straight away if they on the recommended list from your insurer. If your insurer is closed for the night, get it done anyway, and haggle later - better off having a secure car overnight than another t w a t coming along and nicking it.

good luck - sorry to hear your woes...

Darren

This post has been edited by happy-kat: 02 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

#3 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (yellow puma @ Aug 2 2006, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got back to my car this evening at 21:00 to find some thieving idiot has broken my windows in a bid to steal......... a tom-tom window arm (and broken it in the process) 7.gif 7.gif . Thank fully there was nothing in the car to steal and i had my gear-lock engaged.

So the question is now, how do I get replacement windows and have them fitted before Sunday? sad.gif

Any suggestions or recommendations would be most helpful.

Its my intention to phone the local ford dealers @ 08:00 tomorrow and see if they can have the windows replaced before Sunday.

I guess you could try via your insurers who might send Autoglass out pretty sharpish? You could just pay for the escess then and it shouldn't affect your NCB.

Word of advice though, iPod type things and SatNav/radar detectors are the theives No.1 target these days, any indication that you have one will encourage them to smash the window and have a look inside...so never leave leads/holders or especially windscreen mounting devices attached, always hide them.
Smarter theives actually check to see if they can find tell-tale circle marks left by mounting arms inside the glass so they know you have one of these desirable devices- they will break in and look in the usual places. make sure the glass is clean.

Remember they have nothing to lose when they smash the glass to check- they are protected by law mad.gif

#4 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Colin's advice is spot on. Friends have TomToms and always tell them to take off the window mounts and have wet wipes to remove the tell tale marks as some people do just hide the whole thing under seats doh !
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

#5 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

The TomTom sounds as much hassle as those DISCLOC things Puma drivers put on their steering wheels

Thankfully I don't bother with either...
RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

#6 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

disklok is fab - well works for me anyway
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

#7 Guest_XIIVVX_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

A stray stone from a Transit on the A14 took out my side window.

Autoglass or Autowindscreens or whoever it was the insurance company asked to replace it don't hold stocks of the side windows so I spent three days driving round with a perspex window gaffer taped in place. Very stylish.

XIIVVX

#8 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:00 AM

Yup Window Excess is usually around Å“50 and its a one off payment and can mean a replacement of all windows!

Doesn't go towards your NCB either wink.gif
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#9 User is offline   Nicola 

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

Sorry to hear this sad.gif hope you get it sorted out soon.
I went to a sea food disco at the weekend - I pulled a mussel..

#10 User is offline   yellow puma 

• View gallery

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

Well that was interesting. Autoglass working in conjunction with Ford. I sourced the window from a local Ford dealer and then got autoglass to collect and fit it under the insurance policy. The yellow puma is now fixed and even cleaned of all the broken glass. good.gif

All this action might have been as a result of mentioning the car will be on stand @ FordFair ph34r.gif .

Thank you all for your replies, I'm going to be driving a Chieftain tank tomorrow as part of my stress relief program.

Il let you know how it goes.....

#11 User is offline   Clawz 

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (yellow puma @ Aug 3 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to be driving a Chieftain tank tomorrow as part of my stress relief program.

[very nice picture here]

Il let you know how it goes.....

excl.gif
I've got stress too! Where can i sign up? roflmao.gif

Good to hear that everything worked out good.gif

This post has been edited by Clawz: 03 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Jon
Melina blue 1.7 (11-1997)
Honda VTR 1000 SP-2 (2004)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic