Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Front speaker (Platinum pack)

#1 User is offline   Pearson 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:04 PM

Can anyone help with this one?

My front drivers side speaker has been giving distorted sound, so removed door card tonight to find that the rubber membrane is torn. The car has the platinum pack installed, does anyone know if these speakers are the same as ‘standard’ ones.

If so then all well and good as should be able to find a second hand one relatively easily, but if not anyone got any suggestions on what should one do, i.e. replace both of them with something new, hope that someone here has got an old one sitting in their garage, just stick in a standard one etc

Any help appreciated
Jon

#2 User is offline   mountainkat 

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

have the platinum pack too, judging by what I've read on here before the standard Kat has pretty crap front speakers but the ones in mine are dual cone &, I think anyway, sound half decent so my guess is that they are probably upgraded from the standards.

While you replacing the damaged one though you may as well fit some good after-market ones, have a search on here - lots of people have done this so there is loads of info

#3 Guest_mjh24_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:31 PM

how do u know if you have the upgraded ones :?: mine are not too bad sounds quite good....but still they will be changes asap tongue.gif

#4 User is offline   MRSPIKEPUMA 

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:13 PM

I would seriously consider changing them. Decent speakers are not that expensive these days and it will make a world of difference.

#5 User is offline   chris888 

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:42 AM

Yep. The amp is the biggest fifference you could make.
I think my lux pak puma system sounds nice and rich. A lot better than some cars crappy sound.
Over analytical, arrogant and proud.

#6 User is offline   mountainkat 

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:00 AM

how do u know if you have the upgraded ones :?: mine are not too bad sounds quite good....but still they will be changes asap tongue.gif

Not 100% sure the fronts are upgraded - thought that I'd read on here that the standard Kat speakers are single cone :?: & the fronts in mine are deffo dual cone & sound pretty good - although no doubt some of this is due to the amp which is in the boot & the additional set of rear speakers which definitely provide more bass (also part of the platinum pack)

#7 User is offline   MRSPIKEPUMA 

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

I've removed both my back and front speakers and they are definately not dual cone. I don't have the platinum pack so can only assume they are part of the upgrade or have been fitted by a previous owner.

#8 User is offline   Pearson 

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for everyone’s helps, I think that the general consensus is that the platinum pack has different speakers to the standard ones, I think for the time being I’ll just put more power through the rear ones, and decide later as to what one should do.

Cheers
Jon

#9 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

If you mean the 'Platinum' sound system open your boot, if you have a small black box afixed to the back end of the boot AND the rear speaker pods have one big and one small grille each side you have the Platinum sound system. (on the fuse diagram it is referred to as the 'Max Power' sound system laugh.gif )

You will also not have a heated front screen as they both share the same fuse position so cannot be installed together.

#10 User is offline   mountainkat 

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:51 PM

just browsing the web on puma stuff & found this interesting article, apparently the platinum pack is 330Watts so it certainly must have uprated speakers all round

"Stereo: 330-watt Platinum sound pack is a rare but desirable option; standard system is a radio-cassette with removable fascia"

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1205549,00.html

good article for anyone thinking of buying a Kat too

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic