Pumapeople: White Wheels - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

White Wheels how do you clean yours?

#1 Guest_jacko_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

right, ive had my white compomotives 6 months & their lovely, their dazzling white & look gorgeous, til you drive them!

so far the best way iv found to get them clean is;

a wash with car shampoo (whilst doing car) - iv tried alloy wheel cleaners but they do sod all more....

a toothbrush with ........wait for it........ t-cut & scrub hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then a blast over with shampoo, water then a quick wax to prevent dust sticking again...

this not only takes ages but is eating away at my paint - theyl be silver by summer!!!

please tell me how you do yours.........

this is definitely one for happy kat - iv noticed her whites are always dazzling! wink.gif

#2 User is offline   big g 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

ive started to use the autogylms new no acid wheel cleaner and this
to get into the small gaps
then i rinse with clean water and seal with autogylm wheel sealer

#3 User is offline   davepuma 

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

I've got black wheels which are just as bad at showing up the dirt. I use P21s wheel gel with a Meguiars brush. It is by far the best wheel cleaner I've used but it stinks! Then I sometimes give them a coat of wax or some wheel finish stuff I have lying around. It doesn't last although I've just changed my brakes and the dust might not be as bad. I've not had them long enough to find out.
Steve McQueen wouldn't be seen dead driving anything else....

#4 User is offline   lc10w 

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

I've had 4 cars with white wheels now, you just got to be regular with the washing. I use Morrison's citric household spray cleaner with the car brush, and a toothbrush for the tight bits.

#5 Guest_jacko_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

they get washed once a week but still stain, cheers for all the suggestions tho, il get shopping.....

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

regularity is the key
though after nearly 4 years I did get them refurbed again
I use warm water, car shampoo and a small sponge, plus a sponge on a stick for the inside. Stubborn tar comes off with Autoglymn tar remover and elbow grease. I don't like to use anything else, no Wonder wheels on mine unless I left it too long. Autoglymn motorbike cleaner also works.
If I can be bothered wink.gif I wax them with the lurid green bottle of turtle wheel wax, good stuff.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#7 User is offline   Supersonic 

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

My wheels are a git to clean! loads of little tar marks that won't budge.
Glad for this thread though.

#8 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

wheel brush and sponge as well as warm water + car shampoo. Although i normally use a refillable spray to spray a concentrated misture of car shampoo and water on them for them to soak for a while first before attacking with brush and sponge.

#9 User is offline   craigfrp 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

use a gel cleaner dont use an acid then a nice soft bursh biggrin.gif then blast some collentite on them and jet seal biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by craigfrp: 21 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

click sig for progress thread ..

#10 User is offline   Tex 

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

get yersel to "Wilkinsons" for some of their 99p bug and tar spray. It is good stuff, but it will eat everything including wax onthe bodywork so it is a serious cleaner - not for weekly use imho.

then wash the wheels as normal.

I usually then put the wheels in the dishwasher with some finish ultra - they come up a treat! (no tyres obviously!) (be careful if youhave special finish on your wheels..)

then use poorboys wheel protector. it is like a mashed potato mixture. rub it on and follow instructions... then the secret - put another coat on! and the big secret - put another coat on!

seriusly, then when you next wash your wheels the muck will simply fall away - not much sticks inthe first place mind!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic