Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replace Brake Pipes How much should I be looking at paying

#1 User is offline   pgunner 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

I have discovered that the brake lines on my Puma are badly corroded and need replacing. I have had a couple of quotes for this job, one for £175 and one for £250. Does this seem reasonable? I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper.

Thanks

-- Phil

#2 Guest_Pauly Fiesta_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

View Postpgunner, on 16 February 2010 - 11:45 AM, said:

Hi,

I have discovered that the brake lines on my Puma are badly corroded and need replacing. I have had a couple of quotes for this job, one for £175 and one for £250. Does this seem reasonable? I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper.

Thanks

-- Phil

if its all the pipes i'm guessing it will be quite a long jon to do so the price would be more labour than anything.

someone on here might own a garage/service station, and might be able to sort you out a bit cheaper.

#3 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

is this for Ford oem parts (green steel coated pipe) or diy cunifer ones that garages bend to shape...??

The ford parts are MUCH stonger as long as the coating holds out.... the Garage DIY version won't rust but isn't as strong pipe!!...

i think on the nearside the tank needs dropping ideally.... offside is much simpler......

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic