Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New To Puma People 98 R - 67K Intermittent Clutch Slip Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gaz 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

Afternoon All.

Have been a watcher (some may say voyeur!) on Pumapeople for yonks and have learnt loads on the respective forums (Cheers peeps). Have got one small query that I haven't ever seen a thread for - Intermittent clutch slip.

Had clutch slip occur two months ago. Then it occured again (after having car had been ragged from garage by MOT test pilot - little fEcker). Since then, nowt. Went to cornwall fully loaded with kit, partner, daughter, trike in the back etc. No probs.

I'm no stranger to the oily bits on the car and service it using genuine Ford bits as I work for a subsidiary of the blue oval, but haven't yet found any explanation to this. Is my clutch on its way out and does anyone have any similar experiences. ...?? ja_stupid.gif

4th year of ownership of my 1.7 and I bl**dy love it. Have had a family but myself and partner can't find any reason to drive anything else!!!

G.

#2 Guest_SPV_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

You must hold the record for lurking the longest wink.gif

Are you losing any brake fluid? You may have either an on the way out clutch or an intermittant leak on the clutch slave cylinder (uses same master reservoir as the brakes)

#3 User is offline   Gaz 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (SPV @ Aug 1 2006, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must hold the record for lurking the longest wink.gif

Are you losing any brake fluid? You may have either an on the way out clutch or an intermittant leak on the clutch slave cylinder (uses same master reservoir as the brakes)

Lurker Eh, I've been called much worse. blush.gif

No fluid loss from the Brake/Clutch reservoir. I think I may have found a post that indicates that afew others have had similar problem and it is the clutch on its way out..... 67K on the original clutch isn't bad from what I'm sussing out. ja_stupid.gif

#4 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

I had that ..... VERY intermittent, always after I'd floored it in 1st and 2nd. It would play up for the rest of the day and then be OK again. After I had the cambelt changed it was OK - very strange ... but true. I can now put my foot down wherever and whenever without a problem ja_stupid.gif I'll find the link to my thread and post it here.

Slipping Clutch

This post has been edited by Midnight Blue: 01 August 2006 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#5 User is offline   Gaz 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Slipping occured when pulling from low rpm in high gear (4th/5th -most Torque through transmission).

Have people cured their respective problems with new clutch? Seems this is the way to go....

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

don't think the clutch in your Puma owes you anything if it has gone smile.gif and might make you feel like it's a new car if changed smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#7 User is offline   P7 TNY 

• View gallery

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

Mine is on 3rd clutch

2nd was a re con from MR CLUTCH crazy.gif ja_stupid.gif 7.gif 7.gif 7.gif
P7 TNY

P for the first letter in my surname
7 - My daughter was born on the 7th
TNY - short for TONY

my pic profile - my daughter now aged four years old, my life, my motivation, my dream

#8 User is offline   DJdi 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

A lot of people have said that their clutch went at about the miles you have on yopur puma. I know mine did.
A day without laughter is a day wasted.

#9 User is offline   Gaz 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for everyones prompt advice.

Cheers.

G.

#10 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

Persoanally, I can't see what the issue is - the clutch is a disposable item - if it's a problem - change it....

This post has been edited by PG12: 02 August 2006 - 08:55 AM

RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic