Pumapeople: Sorting Rust Cheap ? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sorting Rust Cheap ?

#1 User is offline   Joel93 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just got a cheap puma need some advice, rust bubbles are starting in the normal arch and near the door areas there looks to have been a repair at some point , so can I rub thes blisters down then simply primer and coulor then laquering ?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

The rear arch rust is very likely deeper then just on the surface so not sure what rubbing down might reveal.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Joel93 

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

happy-kat said:

1400742776[/url]' post='932909']
The rear arch rust is very likely deeper then just on the surface so not sure what rubbing down might reveal.

Thanks for the heads up, It only cost me £600 on 80k so could I just scratch the blisters of and repaint to make it or aesthetically pleasing for 6 months or is there really no point ?Thanks again

#4 User is offline   symonh2000 

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

If you clean it up and repaint it, then it will look fine for a while and then return. The rust usually comes from the inside outwards.

On my last Puma, the arches looked great when I bought it, but after 6 months they started bubbling and filler started coming out. :nono:/>

The only real way to sort it is to cut out the rusty metal and weld in new, then rust proof it properly.

#5 User is offline   Perfect Dark 

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

The same happened to me! on my first Puma They were fine when I bought it and then out of nowhere rust came through like it had been there all along!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Rudders666 

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

So do we know anyone that takes on these forms of repairs? Preferable West Yorkshire area. Cheers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic