Pumapeople: warped again!!! (front discs) - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

warped again!!! (front discs)

#1 User is offline   dska 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2003 - 08:00 PM

Hi there, i was wondering if someone could tell me whats going on with my pumas brakes. I have had at least 6 sets of discs and pads replaced by ford free of charge but to no avail. they have tried new sets of wheels and done run out on the hubs but everthing comes back good!!!!?

I have since then replaced them this time at my own expense and changed them for some performance discs and pads. (grooved only nothing leary!!) however once again approx. 1200 miles worth of usage and warped again! sad.gif

Can someone please help. the car is a 98 model with 106k miles on but has been kept up to date by the lovely ford people. everthing runs sweet!

I do tend to use the brakes quite harshly..but it's a sports car is'nt it? smile.gif

#2 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 29 April 2003 - 12:36 PM

laugh.gif I got through 5 sets of discs/pads on my '99 1.7 in a year so you beat me there...I had to pay to have them replaced each time however :cry:

set 1: Std Ford
set 2: Red Dot 20 groove disks/pads
set 3: Red Dot 20 groove discs/pads
set 4: Brembo Max discs/pads
set 5: Std Ford
then bought an FRP- no warped discs anymore :wink:

I reckon I had some problems with brake cooling owning to the 'closed' nature of the 17" rims I had http://www.pumapeople.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=112

Another problem which plagued me for some time was the washers left on the wheels studs by Ford causing the wheels not to sit flat against the hub faces but I assume you are running std. rims which have a cutout for this so this won't be the problem.

Not sure how to cure your problem, either change your braking style, or change the brakes (or buy an FRP...it can work out cheaper in the long run!). May even be worn CV joint or driveshaft issues...

#3 User is offline   dska 

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:10 PM

thanks everyone for your help,,,i guess i better go and check the prices of some FRP's then.
smile.gif smile.gif

P.s. cheers once again.

#4 User is offline   Gay 

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:12 PM

thanks everyone for your help,,,i guess i better go and check the prices of some FRP's then.
smile.gif  :)  

P.s. cheers once again.

Any old excuse laugh.gif

#5 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:51 PM

smile.gif  :)  

Guess I better look at warping mine then.....might finally get me hands on an FRP biggrin.gif
If your crafty and you know it

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic