Pumapeople: Piper Back Box - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Piper Back Box

#1 User is offline   Toeknee 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

Ok the other day i ordered a stainless steel piper back box with 4" slash cut tail pipe from Pumabuild and i was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice because i feel i may have uneccesarily rushed in to something without giving it much thought

Right now im not really in the position to fork out for a full system and since my original back box is in a right old mess (rust city) i figured a new stainless replacement would be my best option for now.. and when my cash flow opens up a bit i will consider upgrading the rest of the exhaust system to match.

I cant stress enough the back box is looking very VERY tired and ugly and something which i felt needed doing asap from the momment i took ownership of the car.

All that being said i have been told the work isnt needed as it will see me through to my next MOT due feb 2008 and by then will more than likely turn in to a nessesity (this did make me think perhaps i should have held back and bought a full system).

Anyway..after closer inspection under the vehicle today (something which i probably should have done before i ordered the back box rolleyes.gif ) the exhaust system seems to be a one-peice system so im guessing cutting is unavoidable.

So i have a few questions for anyone with similar experience of the fitting or the piper unit in question

1) It is not a problem to completely replace the whole system in sections overtime? (i.e manifold, sports cat etc etc)

2) Im assuming piper include the majority of what i will need should i deceide to undertake the job myself bar a hacksaw and some common sence unsure.gif

3) If i do deceide to take it down to some dude in a garage to fit for me how much are we talking for labour from peoples past experience with places like ats or kwik fit?

Thanks in adavnce to anyone who has the time to help me out

Tony

#2 User is offline   markpuma 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

[quote name='Toeknee' date='Aug 28 2007, 10:55 PM' post='630053']
Ok the other day i ordered a stainless steel piper back box with 4" slash cut tail pipe from Pumabuild and i was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice because i feel i may have uneccesarily rushed in to something without giving it much thought

Right now im not really in the position to fork out for a full system and since my original back box is in a right old mess (rust city) i figured a new stainless replacement would be my best option for now.. and when my cash flow opens up a bit i will consider upgrading the rest of the exhaust system to match.

I cant stress enough the back box is looking very VERY tired and ugly and something which i felt needed doing asap from the momment i took ownership of the car.

All that being said i have been told the work isnt needed as it will see me through to my next MOT due feb 2008 and by then will more than likely turn in to a nessesity (this did make me think perhaps i should have held back and bought a full system).

Anyway..after closer inspection under the vehicle today (something which i probably should have done before i ordered the back box rolleyes.gif ) the exhaust system seems to be a one-peice system so im guessing cutting is unavoidable.

So i have a few questions for anyone with similar experience of the fitting or the piper unit in question

1) It is not a problem to completely replace the whole system in sections overtime? (i.e manifold, sports cat etc etc)

2) Im assuming piper include the majority of what i will need should i deceide to undertake the job myself bar a hacksaw and some common sence unsure.gif

3) If i do deceide to take it down to some dude in a garage to fit for me how much are we talking for labour from peoples past experience with places like ats or kwik fit?

Thanks in adavnce to anyone who has the time to help me out

Tony

Hi good choice in exhaust! I have the same one but the full system. Sounds good once its run in abit especially when you come off the motorway. I got ats to fit mine and from what i can remember it didnt take long and i think it cost about 15-20 quid. Ask them before you let them do it though. They will have to cut the old sytem to fit it as they had to with mine and thats the full system. Apparently the cat is up near the engine cause i couldnt see it on asking, the guys said it was there. When you decide to buy the rest of the system they will just cut a bit further up. Mine has been on the car for about a year now and i cant stress just how good it purrs away. You will not be disappointed. Its not to loud and doesnt sound chavvy! Good luck.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic