Pumapeople: Front Bumper - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Front Bumper

#1 User is offline   seang 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:22 AM

Has any body got a TSB for the removal and re-fitting of the front bumper for a Puma.

The reason for asking is that my front bumper does not seem to sit straight. There is a 5mm gap under the drivers site head light and no gap under the passenger head light.

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 March 2003 - 01:18 PM

There is no TSB for this... TSB's are used by Ford to rememdey manufacturing/design faults which have been reported on lorts and lots of cars ...

I suppose you could call a 5mm gap a manufacturing fault though ... it would appear that when the front bumper was replaced / reattached whoever did it messed up :/

#3 User is offline   Mediaman 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2003 - 02:09 PM

Not looked on the Puma, but thre is usualy some sort of ajustment on front bumpers.
Have a look under the front wheel arches or in the engine bay for 2 (each side) bigish (usualy about 13mm size) bolts in a row going into the chassis leg. Slack em off, just enough so you can 'shove' the bumper up and down, but not so mutch so the bumper is 'loose'. Get the lines even then tighten them back up.
This is general info after 'helping' at my dad's body repair workshop for a few months, the Kat may be different to this. I only worked on new VW/Audi's and Pug's, most of the Ford's we did where older.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic