Pumapeople: Ecu - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ecu

#1 User is offline   johnpidge 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

I have a 99 standard 1.7 Puma - what ECU does it have. I have put a Bluefin remap on it (off my old Blue one) which seems to make it run well but not as quick pulling away as the old blue one. I realise this has to do with the torque restriction in first (and second??) gears but other than pulling a few wires or ECU pins is there a really easy way to increase torque in 1st and 2nd. My old Blue one was a very early one 97 (S reg) so i think the torque restrictor was different. Names like Lightning Motorsport and Dreamscience have popped up on a google search - whilst the gearbox may suffer a little the reality is you dont always drive like your hairs on fire and in South West London a little difficult to do so unless you want to be very antisocial I would just like to pull off once in a while a bit more quickly
John

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

There are letters on your ECU such as tape or muff, what is your one?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   johnpidge 

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

I will have a look - its written on the casing??
John

#4 User is offline   Wild E Coyote 

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

There should be a sticker saying MUFF, TAPE, DIVE or something….

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic