Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Overheating Overheating

#1 User is offline   uklad 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hi there

I've had my 1.7 puma for a couple years now and all has been good, except i've noticed that the heater sometimes gets stuck on hot (even when its set on cold). Then after a few days/weeks, it starts to work normally again - cold is cold, hot is hot.
I've not had to use the heater for a while since the weather has been ok recently, but this weekend i had to take a trip up to Birmingham Airport for a business meeting and on the way up guess what i discover... the heater is stuck again and only blowing out hot air. You can imagine how i felt driving down the M40 unable to open the windows fully and the heater (even though set on cold and turned off) hot air blowing through!!!

On the way back, same thing happened but for the first time ever, i noticed my engine temp gauge hovering between norm - hot. it done this for a while, so i pulled over and let the car cool down before continuing. Seemed ok after that, but my question is... is this a sign something serious is happening??? i.e. head gasket?? or is it from the simple fact that the heater is constantly blowing hot air, i've drove 200 miles this weekend, being stuck in traffic and doing... erm... quite some speed ;-) ??

I do have some other bits to do to the car, wishbones need replacing, cv boot is leaking, brake pads and left side suspension strut needs replacing. I've got most of this here, just waiting for a chance to fit them. But this heating problem is worrying me a bit now and wondering is it worth me doing all these bits?

I'm not made of money and i'm hoping its not going to be the head gasket as that is gonna be an expensive job, but any advice you can give me will be really appreciated.

Thank you

Jeff

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic