Pumapeople: Armourfend And V4 - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Armourfend And V4

#1 User is offline   V4FRP 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:50 PM

It wont be long before V4 pays a visit to the bodyshop to have his rear arches resprayed. What is the opinion on the covering them with Armourfend. I've had a quote and fitting instructions emailed to me but am in a quandry. V4 has decent front mudguards and I dont know when if ever he last had the arches done so is it Armourfend and no respray for years or Respray in 1, 2, 3, or 4 years? V4 is used daily 30 odd miles.

Advice appreciated.
Dave

#2 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (V4FRP @ Mar 7 2006, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It wont be long before V4 pays a visit to the bodyshop to have his rear arches resprayed. What is the opinion on the covering them with Armourfend. I've had a quote and fitting instructions emailed to me but am in a quandry. V4 has decent front mudguards and I dont know when if ever he last had the arches done so is it Armourfend and no respray for years or Respray in 1, 2, 3, or 4 years? V4 is used daily 30 odd miles.

Advice appreciated.
Dave

Given the daily utilisation, I would fit it. Doo not expect it to defeat all the stone chips though, as some still miss the material.

Do not however try and fit it yourself...unless you are very skilled in applying thin adhesive plastic film to compound curved areas excl.gif

#3 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ Mar 7 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given the daily utilisation, I would fit it. Doo not expect it to defeat all the stone chips though, as some still miss the material.

Do not however try and fit it yourself...unless you are very skilled in applying thin adhesive plastic film to compound curved areas excl.gif

Thanks Ed

The nearest dealer Armourfend recommend is in Worcester. Would my local bodyshop guy be able to fit do you think.
Do you happen to know whether Laura had V4 sprayed, I dont like to pester her with questions?

Dave

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

I have fitted it my self, the first time. Do not fit this yourself wink.gif Do buy the large rear template as it covers far more for only a little extra on cost.
Don't expect your bodyshop to be able to do this, mine actually refused and I drove to Essex to get it fitted.
As a RPOC member (if you are) you get 10% discount smile.gif

yes well worth it I think smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Mar 7 2006, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have fitted it my self, the first time. Do not fit this yourself wink.gif Do buy the large rear template as it covers far more for only a little extra on cost.
Don't expect your bodyshop to be able to do this, mine actually refused and I drove to Essex to get it fitted.
As a RPOC member (if you are) you get 10% discount smile.gif

yes well worth it I think smile.gif

Thanks H K
I was going for the larger template and will take your advice on the fitting. One thing however I'd like to know does the Armourfend itself discolour after a while and if so is it removeable and replaceable?

Dave

#6 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

im gonna get it on 241 once sprayed but i dont want the strip across the bonnet as you notice it too much.

would they not put this on if you asked them not too or is it all one piece??

im going to essex for mine too kate 10.gif 10.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

they are all seperate peices you pay for the bits you want.
I didn't do that bad a job of fitting mine the bubble/silvering was under the car and not visible but the overall job no where near as good as when I got it fitted at Essex.

Mine has been on (this one) since July 2003 and does not show any colour discolouration. I do have a wax build up on the edge but this could be cleaned away.

Yes you can carefully peel it off when you want to respray etc. (wouldn't risk just peeling it off anyway) but you can't refit the same peice.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Mar 7 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are all seperate peices you pay for the bits you want.
I didn't do that bad a job of fitting mine the bubble/silvering was under the car and not visible but the overall job no where near as good as when I got it fitted at Essex.

Mine has been on (this one) since July 2003 and does not show any colour discolouration. I do have a wax build up on the edge but this could be cleaned away.

Yes you can carefully peel it off when you want to respray etc. (wouldn't risk just peeling it off anyway) but you can't refit the same peice.

Thanks H K
You should be on the sales staff of Armourfend who by the way were superb in their response to my email enquiry absolutely ace service.
Dave

#9 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

is there a website for these??

kate how much roughly does it cost to be done??
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

gosh we are talking 2003, but I think including fitting it cost me approx Å“120 for the rear arches including RPOC discount.

#11 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Mar 7 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gosh we are talking 2003, but I think including fitting it cost me approx Å“120 for the rear arches including RPOC discount.

blimey thats really good.

i reckon id be looking at Å“200 then for arches and front bumper??

just trying to sort my frp budget out wink.gif wink.gif
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

no more, the full front bumper kit is three peices and that was going to cost me then approx Å“250.00 though I also remeber a quote ot Å“175 which I think was the price if I drove to them

#13 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Mar 7 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no more, the full front bumper kit is three peices and that was going to cost me then approx Å“250.00 though I also remeber a quote ot Å“175 which I think was the price if I drove to them

looks like rears only then. and a respray every 2 years lol.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Big Boy Al @ Mar 7 2006, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there a website for these??
kate how much roughly does it cost to be done??

Al
Yep website is http://www.armourfend.com/

I didn't get a fitting quote but was told that the travel to fit service they offered would cost me Å“215 + VAT I could get the rear arches resprayed again for that cost. So its self adhesion or regular respraying!! I haven't yet got a quote from their agents in Worcester however.

Dave

#15 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

if you self fit then I would recommend you buy two bottles of the fitting solution and make sure it is a 100% still day with no wind.

#16 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Mar 7 2006, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you self fit then I would recommend you buy two bottles of the fitting solution and make sure it is a 100% still day with no wind.

Hear what you say H K jury is still ouy on this one. In your opinion how long does it take a newly sprayed rear arch to become manky in every day use, a very subjective question I know.

Dave

#17 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

Costs from late 2001 (all plus VAT)

Bonnet - Å“100
Bumper - Å“160
Wing ends - Å“20

Fitting for all 3 above items Å“130.

Costs from mid 2002 (plus VAT)

Rear arches Å“75
Fitting Å“15

If I was having my install again, I would just have rear arches and the front bumper material, as the bonnet still gets chipped further up past the end of the material.

Dave - Reynolds of Rushock are your nearest fitting agent.
www.reynoldsofrushock.co.uk
01299 250800

Expect your freshly painted arches to start chipping as soon as you start driving mellow.gif

#18 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ Mar 7 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Costs from late 2001 (all plus VAT)

Bonnet - Å“100
Bumper - Å“160
Wing ends - Å“20

Fitting for all 3 above items Å“130.

Costs from mid 2002 (plus VAT)

Rear arches Å“75
Fitting Å“15

Dave - Reynolds of Rushock are you nearest fitting agent.
www.reynoldsofrushock.co.uk
01299 250800

Thanks Ed
If I take Mrs B there I might end up coming back with a Boxter. She's very fond of V4 but still looks longingly at Boxters. My view is V4 saved me a fortune and is much more fun!!
I'll go for the Armourfend on my own!!
Dave

#19 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (V4FRP @ Mar 7 2006, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll go for the Armourfend on my own!!

Best of luck!! (order two sets and save postage wink.gif ) ph34r.gif

Joking aside....as Kate has said, the material and car can never be too wet when it comes to fitting it!

#20 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ Mar 7 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have got a kit at work which i was going to fit i opened the box and offered it up to the car... I put it back in the box.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic