• You cannot reply to this topic

Frp #421

#1 User is offline   gandi 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

Any History on this one please

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/437656.htm

I emailed seller and got this back

"cam belt was changed when we purchased the car in june 07, dealer did it but no proof im afraid!Dont know about calipers, still has original manifold, rest is puma build stainless, car is on ebay now at £5,795 buy it now. i will take £5,200 for a quickish sale, car is very good,& a bargain imo at that money"

Is it worth it? i can arrange a viewing but tis a good 45 mins plus away

#2 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

Unless they can prove that the cam belt was changed- then bargain £400 off the price for having this done.

With the calipers- if they have had the car almost a year, and haven't heard that the calipers need cleaning once a year- i would walk away, as to get the brakes sorted can (and does) run over the thousand pound mark. As for the manifold, if it is still original, it won't last much longer.

I would walk away from this one- there's plenty for sale at the moment. You may have to make a couple of 100 mile trips to find your favourite one though...

#3 User is offline   Banny 

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (gandi @ Apr 14 2008, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any History on this one please

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/437656.htm

I emailed seller and got this back

"cam belt was changed when we purchased the car in june 07, dealer did it but no proof im afraid!Dont know about calipers, still has original manifold, rest is puma build stainless, car is on ebay now at £5,795 buy it now. i will take £5,200 for a quickish sale, car is very good,& a bargain imo at that money"

Is it worth it? i can arrange a viewing but tis a good 45 mins plus away

It's advertised for over £6k so seems good price at £5.2k. I would squeeze for a straight £5k. Then gives you plenty of cash to get things sorted, and serviced. Although only worry is he says he is a puma club member, but doesn't know about the calipers. And where ever he got the cambelt changed should have a record of it, if he contacts them.

#4 User is offline   gandi 

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Apr 14 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless they can prove that the cam belt was changed- then bargain £400 off the price for having this done.

With the calipers- if they have had the car almost a year, and haven't heard that the calipers need cleaning once a year- i would walk away, as to get the brakes sorted can (and does) run over the thousand pound mark. As for the manifold, if it is still original, it won't last much longer.

I would walk away from this one- there's plenty for sale at the moment. You may have to make a couple of 100 mile trips to find your favourite one though...

Thanks FRP338, I did find it strange that no recipt for the cambelt, and did'nt know about the calipiers, oh well ill keep looking, thats 2 knocked off the list Today lol shame really as they were the local ones

This post has been edited by gandi: 14 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic