Pumapeople: Heating Problems - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heating Problems Possible failure of HCV

#1 User is offline   APA 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Could I have help with a new issue please. This morning I had heating to start with on my 50 mile journey, 5 miles into it my warm air turned to cold and the engine temp increased rapidly. After coming to a stop the engine temp returned to normal and I was able to complete my journey all be it with only cold air. The engine temp increased once again however it returned to normal as fast as it increased. I arrived at work very cold!

Could this point to a breakup of the HCV allowing fragments to enter the whole system, if so what is the best way to drain and flush this through.

The puma in question is a 1.6 2002

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

Hi
The wiki has lots of information on the heating system, replacing the HCV etc. You won't see the wiki if you are browsing in mobile view.

http://www.pumapeopl...le=Puma_Heating
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   APA 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

Thanks I have had a look. Changed the HCV at the weekend heating sorted now I think the problem has moved on to one of air in the system as the engine temp goes into the red occasionally only to return to normal when the engine is at 1000 rev's or below?????

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic