Pumapeople: Sills Are Thin! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sills Are Thin!

#1 User is offline   outhouse 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Just had the Pum Mot'd and it came back with an advisory that the offside sill was getting thin - presumably due to corrosion and not being rubbed down by emery tape.

Anyone come across this - I know body work and corrosion have come up sometimes.
John
FRP #391

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Do you have a picture of the area please?
Not an area that I can think of seeing rust on other then the odd scratch from shoes scuffing.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   outhouse 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'll have a go but beyond my avatar uploading pics to this site has always got the better of me.

The garage did just suggest getting it properly under sealed so I don't think it is terminal...
John
FRP #391

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

As long as the image is not more than 1024 x 768 it should upload fine :) if not I will give you my email to drop it over and I will try to see why :)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   outhouse 

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I notice there is now a tool button for it so I might be OK

Anyhow I went out yesterday to take some pics but while I wouldn't want to eat my dinner off the sill and the paint on the leading edge of the rear over wing and original sill was flakey I couldn't see what to take a pic of.

And as a buyer of 1980s Alfa Romeos I feel confident in knowing what a rusty (in the case of the Alfa, non existent) sill looks like and this wasn't it.

Going back this week to get my motorbike MOT'd so I going to quiz the guy further.
John
FRP #391

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

On the up side you could not find anything that was jumping out at you :)

#7 User is offline   outhouse 

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Seems he was just talking about the paint.

Not the only place its thin!

Had the FRP fully refreshed with new belts, filters, plugs, TPS, looms and fluids - seems to have made quite a difference to performance - still happy after all these years...
John
FRP #391

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

That was a relief :)
Perfect weather for enjoying them too :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic