TPF

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mojo Restored Working with hunky Danish models now

#1 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

Had a right freddy the other week, after months of not really enjoying photography.I spat the dummy out.

Well, mojo is back, and woking on a new project at the mo.

Abseiling off the Inaccessible Pinnacle

Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........
Time....to...die........"

#2 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

laugh.gif I like it biggrin.gif

#3 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

Cool. looking forward to seeing the rest of your creations in this set smile.gif

Glad to hear the mojo is back. I'm concious that I'll have to try not to get into too much of a rut with what I am doing at the moment, even though I'm enjoying snapping away at motorsport events smile.gif
Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#4 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

Ta guys - it can be all too easy to become jaded if you aint careful...

Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

By confessing about the spat wink.gif does that not mean we can't actually comment?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

Comment away Kate wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#7 User is offline   danellis 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Mint.

Did you see the Lego model they made of Obama's inaugoration?
===
DJ

Showing his age be damned, Pumasparky's sig is *mint*

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#8 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

This one?

Matt and Tiggr

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

Loving the subjects, strangely interesting.

Just feel that the granite and background carry the same weight and I think I might like to see a difference to these two aspects of the picture. Maybe it is not that, maybe it is because the granite is sharp right across the surface, perhaps I want to see it being softer the closer it gets to me, then the background doesn't matter.

Do like the lego though, quite compelling to look at.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#10 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Kate. The stone is actually concrete I found in the carpark!

This is really just the test phase at the moment, trying to work things like lighting and background out. Taking your point re focus on board, in real life, the image would be sharp right across the range, as the distance involved, even at f1.4 would create a crisp image.

I have some more with selective focus that kind of work, but only if heavily cropped. Will play with them later.

What I really want is a slightly dull day, and a nice bit of rock, esp for the climbing shoot. Still not convinced that shooting outdoors will work, but if you dont try, you will never know biggrin.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#11 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

Shooting outdoors may work but I think it will depend heavily on the rocks you find and also what sort of background you'll be able to get in.
I suppose for a proper climbing shot you'd need basically only the sky behind (unless they are climbing low to the ground laugh.gif) which means mainly shooting upwards and this could obviously cause some exposure headaches (i presume)

#12 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Spot on Paul, but would use fill flash from the strobe to keep the light balanced. Would prefer some fluffy clouds in the background too.
Matt and Tiggr

#13 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

I remember chewing Mojos, showing my age I expect!

#14 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

You and me both chuckie wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#15 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I was assuming you would have some form of fill-in flash, but I suppose it's more difficult to get it spot on compared with studio/indoors/photoshopping a sky onto it.

#16 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Its not too difficult Paul, but you do really need a light meter.

In this case I would take a reading with meter facing the sky behind the models. I would then calculate the fill flash ratio based on the GN, distance from flash to subject, and how I've throttled the light down ( in this case, a pringles tube over the the flash, with a matrix clipped on the end ).

That way I can get the fill flash to be spot on, leaving the sky as it should be , and the subject illuminated.
Matt and Tiggr

#17 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

sounds far too complicated. I prefer my method when trying new types of shots. turn up unprepared, take a few quick snaps using whatever method/settings seem right, go home, look at them on the PC, realise they aren't really that good and stick to what is easy in future laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#18 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Thats no good biggrin.gif

Push your boundaries wink.gif You have been with the HDR stuff, try it with lighting too.
Matt and Tiggr

#19 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Yep, need to go and have more of a play, including doing more HDR stuff.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic