Pumapeople: Anybody Heard Of Tamon Speakers - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anybody Heard Of Tamon Speakers My dads come home with a harman kardon amp and tape deck plus speakers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tom192 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

The sound off it is very good but weve never heard of the speakers,
Anybody?

#2 User is offline   dancer 

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

A quick google search suggests that they are quite sought after.. good find good.gif

#3 User is offline   rellik666 

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

great speakers, old but great. harmon kardon is good gear. if its a new amp, and he's some money get some bang and olufsen speakers, or bose if a local pub has some and gettin a refurb, either perform like a dream. if its an old amp keep it a while but but feelers out on ebay
if at first you dont succeed parachuting's not your sport
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

#4 User is offline   Guy Incognito 

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

B&O look fantastic but there are far better sounds for what you would pay new certainly.

Harmon Kardon are good and Bose is really good. Would love the dolby cinema kit but dont have £1500!

Agree with tamon being good. Not very modern probably but they were good in their day. i have marantz and mission and they cost me a lot but they are ten years old now and still sound superb.

#5 User is offline   tom192 

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

Its an old amp 70's by the looks of it. still works though. The tape decks not as good but the switches are brill there big chunky toggle switches!

they dont make em like they used too!

O we have some new stuff, I have some BOSE 301 speakers (MK 4 version) If your after some speakers these are the ones to track down, have them connected to a TEAC amp with a Yamaha natural sound cd player, Awwsome sound

Then in the attic we have a Yamaha amp mated to a set of Bose Acoustimass 5 series and my pair of floor standing Missions that dont fit in my room! and Yamaha cd

And i have some Bang & Oulfsen A8 headphones.

Will be connecting the Harman/Kardon amp to my Bose 301's later in the week to see if the old girls still got what she had when it was new!

#6 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (tom192 @ Jan 13 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they dont make em like they used too!

have to agree with that. While they are not necessarily cutting edge the old speaker my dad has which he bought in the late 70s/early 80sstill sound great to me. I believe he had the main drivers replaced sometime in the 90s but to my knowlede the tweeters are still the original ones.

Sounds fine to my ears when connected up to his arcam electronics smile.gif
Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#7 User is offline   xjay 

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

Harmon Kardon are definatly good for home speakers although the sub tends to wear out quite drastically, my friend has had his replaced 3 times... Would definately say go for bang & olufsen, BOSE are good as well, though they are a rip off, especially their headphones...

Bose TriPort Headphones = £124.05
Sennheiser HD201 = £14

One of the few times where price doesnt compromise quality, I have musician friends who swear by SH products for affordability and build quality smile.gif

(Edit: just re-read, not sure about Tamon speakers tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by xjay: 15 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

Puma 1.7i Black - Norwich W*** XPU

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic