Pumapeople: Flat 8" Active Subwoofers? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flat 8" Active Subwoofers?

#1 User is offline   zedder 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

I Have a Blaupunkt OD-8000 2x8" active sub installed in the boot of my Puma. It takes too much space in everyday use.

I wonder if flat 8" subwoofers are any good. For example this one would be much more Puma friendly because it´s dimensions are much smaller than OD-8000´s.

6x9 rear wall sub installation described here could be other option but I don´t have time for that kind of modification right now.

So, does anyone here have a small flat subwoofer installed on a Puma?

#2 User is offline   zedder 

• Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

I replaced today rear 5x7" speakers with Infinity 9613i speakers. It was quite easy to cut hole larger with a sharp knife. CptSparko´s Inviki article was helpful and gave me some idea what to expect so i broke only one plastic fastener clip.

Those oe Ford speaker elements are really ridiculous. Frame is plastic and they don´t weight anything. I wonder if they have magnet at all or maybe they are made of plastic too.

Anyway, my Pioneer head unit has an option to use rear speakers as subwoofer and bass these 9613i`s provide is enough for me and my ears. Good thing is that I can use these Infinity´s as normal speakers too so when somebody is willing to go to backseat there is at least decent sound...

I think I´ll leave subwoofer cables hidden in the boot if I someday want lower frequencies.

This post has been edited by zedder: 09 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic