Pumapeople: Dct Test - Code 5967 - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dct Test - Code 5967 Any idea what it means?

#1 User is offline   mpoleary 

• View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hi

As above

I did the DCT Test and the code 5967 came up huh.gif . Does anyone have any idea what the fault is?

Cheers

Matt and FRP 467

#2 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Its DTC Codes actually wink.gif

All my codes i have but not that one sad.gif

Any Letter before it?

PREFIX:

Although the Vehicle Explorer software we use for the Ford Scorpio detects only the P codes at present, there are other OBD codes. These are:

B - Body

C - Chassis

P - Powertrain

U - Network

1st

The first number is not a zero value or a 1000 number - it is a code of 0 or 1.

0 - If the code has the first numerical digit of 0 then the code is a generic - that is, standard, OBD code which will refer to every vehicle.

1 - if the first digit is 1 then the code is described by the manufacturer and care must be taken to use the correct set of manufacturer PCM-specific OBD codes, or the results may be misleading. Our codes must be specific to the EECV powertrain control module (PCM)

2nd

The second number contains even more useful information - it shows what area of PCM operation the code refers to. These are

1 - Fuel & Air Metering

2 - Fuel & Air Metering - Injectors only

3 - Ignition System or Misfire Monitor

4 - Auxillary Emission Control System (Meaning EGR, Catalyst & EVAP systems)

5 - Vehicle Speed Control and Engine Idle Control

6 - Computer Output Circuits

7 - Transmission

9 - Transmission

3 & 4th

The last two numbers identifies the actual fault.

So by looking at the very first code P0100, before we even reach for a list we know that it is a Powertrain code which is OBD generic and that the code is related to the Fuel & Air Metering - which is exactly what the MAF does.

Try here :-

http://www.superchips.co.uk/bluefin/dtc.php

This post has been edited by JamesMalin: 20 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#3 Guest_Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Can you verify that number, and as James says, is it a P code, or something else?

#4 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

The code will read

dtc check

I had this on my car a while back, but during the course of changing the clutch, exhaust, service, MOT and other bits, it disappeared.

Matt- any idea what P1000 code is for?

On my dreamscience it comes up with P1000 check not complete....

#5 User is offline   Dan 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

P1000 Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete

#6 Guest_Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

P1000 - Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete

#7 User is offline   mpoleary 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

Checked again

It comes up

Dct

I have written down all the other information the pops up too should you want me to post it

Matt

#8 User is offline   Leighton 

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

I've just checked mine, and it also comes up with 5967 dtc and 9359 dtc??

Just done a search and found this Click Me It seems that 5967 means your car has been very low if not run out of petrol lately? i know mine went down to the red last week, maybe this is the cause? im a little worried about my 9359 code, even though the car is fine wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Leighton: 20 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

#9 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

FORD DTC CODES
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

#10 User is offline   mpoleary 

• View gallery

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Well hopefully it is the petrol thing.

I have had my car for about 6 months and only had the petrol light on once but I was very close day before yesterday (almost on the line) as I forgot to fill up in the morning. I did something like 240 miles on one tank which is about 40 miles more than I normally do.

Matt

#11 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Did you ever find out exactly what was wrong with the car and what the codes meant?
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

#12 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

After a visit to Pumabuild, it turns out that the DTC code 5967 actually relates to the fuelling system as an RDO fault (run dry output). This code also means that the car in running in 'closed loop' fuelling mode.

Changing the TPS, ICV, Hego and fuel pump doesn't solve the problem.

Did anyone find a fix for this, or will it remain one of those Puma quirks?

#13 User is offline   clairestracey 

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Jan 28 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a visit to Pumabuild, it turns out that the DTC code 5967 actually relates to the fuelling system as an RDO fault (run dry output). This code also means that the car in running in 'closed loop' fuelling mode.

this is a proble, that occours quite often on the puma and let me put you all stright on this one it means you have a failed abs sensor on one of your wheels dtc code 5967 on the on board dash will not tell you on what wheel the sensor has failed on so a machanic will be able to tell you that with better test equiptment please refer back to these pages and you can find out more about sorting this problem out it is something i am yet to do myself as i am going to have a look at the sensors one at a time when i have each wheel of in turn to rust protect each one of my wheel arches....

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showto...p;hl=abs+sensor
leave the bloody thing alone will ya its looks best standard thats the way it should be kept

#14 User is offline   clairestracey 

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Jan 28 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is a strange one lol i decided to phone puma build and they also said its proberly a rdo as you said possiably a leek on the manifold they said think il get mone into a garage sometime hey
leave the bloody thing alone will ya its looks best standard thats the way it should be kept

#15 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

Just to keep everyone posted;

As i'm selling my Frp, i thought i would get it in perfect working order first- so it's been with AVT, an engine diagnostics company in Surrey since last Thursday. The code 5967 is in fact an RDO (run dry output) fault code that causes the car to run in 'Closed loop' fuelling mode. We believe that the cause of this is brought by two seperate faults occuring at the same time;

These are- Fuel pump failing
Coil pack failing

As with most Ford's these two components don't normally fail outright, but tend to get worse and worse over time, which is why the fault code appears with seemingly no actual problems, and eventually means that the car is almost impossible to drive at a constant speed (as the car jerks), and makes it difficult to pull away from a standing start- unless you hold the rev's above 3k rpm.

The car is still being tested for any other faults that show up after these parts have been changed, and it then on the rolling road for a 30 mile complete test. If anything else pops up, i'll let you know...

#16 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

Another update-

The good news- The car is now 100% fixed. New Fuel pump and coil pack seems to have sorted it.

The bad news- I'm going to get some pictures when i pick it up Wednesday, and then it's ready to be sold. Any offers, or its on to ebay with a 99p start and £4,950 reserve...

#17 User is offline   clairestracey 

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Feb 4 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another update-

The good news- The car is now 100% fixed. New Fuel pump and coil pack seems to have sorted it.

The bad news- I'm going to get some pictures when i pick it up Wednesday, and then it's ready to be sold. Any offers, or its on to ebay with a 99p start and £4,950 reserve...

so was it both these parts that was causing this code to happen and after they changed the parts did the car just happen to work ok and the light dissapear or did the battery need reconnecting any idea how i can tell if my coil pack or fuel pump need nackered

#18 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

He phoned and asked for the radio code, so i take it he's disconnected the battery to reset the ECU. - although mr. Farmer once told me that the ECU code only stay on the memory for 15 cycle's (key off- start - key off), which is why some people sometimes have this code, and then don't later on.

good.gif

#19 User is offline   clairestracey 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Feb 4 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He phoned and asked for the radio code, so i take it he's disconnected the battery to reset the ECU. - although mr. Farmer once told me that the ECU code only stay on the memory for 15 cycle's (key off- start - key off), which is why some people sometimes have this code, and then don't later on.

good.gif

so after changing them 2 parts your car stoped displaying 5967 after they were changed and the key was used 15 times

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic