Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake Pads - Serial No?

#1 User is offline   danielorme 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hi,

With my MOT due soon I though I had better put new brake pads on the front. Nothing special or uprated, just bog standard to go with my Y reg (01) Puma Black.

Got the old pads out fine but, the new pads from Halfords didn't fit properly. They weren't too far away but they didn't allow the caliper to get close enough to the wheel hub. From memory these pads were FBP-406. SO phoned up Halfords and they said actually I wanted the FBP-450 version. These were just plain wrong and a million miles away from what I had.

So I have decided it would probably be best to just get the actual ford pads so save any more wheel off capiler off agro. Obviously the problem is trying to work out which pads (seial number etc.) i require. The number written on the pads was this:

FF R
8105-4431
(49D)

Does anybody know if these are ford part numbers and/or if so which is the serial number?

Thanks,
Daniel

I have a photo of the pads that I removed if it helps but I cant see how to add a photo

#2 User is offline   purdy52 

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hi
If you get the pads from Ford the only details that you need is your cars registration number. Once they have that all they have to do is put it into their computer system and that tells them everything about your car. From parts details through to the date of manufacture it will all be there.

#3 User is offline   danielorme 

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thanks,

Just a bit wearing of leaving it to a dealer, getting there and them still being the wrong sort.

The type that I'm after are BPS2576:

http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org.uk/con...n-uk/d6633.html

cheers,
Daniel

#4 User is offline   Shilly 

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

go onto mintex web page they have full listings of every puma pad just see what one looks like the pad you taken out of the caliper then go to any mintex supplied motorfactors and ask them for the pads they should help you out and be a bit cheaper then the ford items

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic